• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bud Hill in Memphis, TN

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Just checking to see if the owner of Bud Hill is a member here. I sent him an email as it states on the course info page earlier today because I am spening tomorrow night in Memphis and was hoping to play that course Tuesday morning. Anyone know him personally or if he is a member here or any other sites. I did leave my phone # in the email I just was hoping to talk sometime tomorrow or today to verify. If I cant play there I will probably just head north tot he state park courses which are pretty highly ranked also.

Danny is a great guy and you should call ahead to make sure he is there.
Harr, just PM me and I will give you his phone number.

Get ready for the magic. Bud Hill is an amazing course, beautiful and well thought out.

Dad gum it. Here's hoping he gets better soon. To fall working on the course is just terrrible.
Does anyone know how we can get an E-card together with our sigs and short get-well notes out to him or his computer?

Bud Hill is worth the drive-over and over again.

If you need anyone to throw with you, just send me a note. I'm always in for Bud Hill. It's never a problem if you go with someone who has been before.
[email protected]
blessings.

I was talking about Bud Hill today. (I'm in LA and a guy at OG is from Tennessee).

Bud Hill is the Shiznit!

Contact Wizard from this site. He lives nearby and guided me through the course. Also, try to play with his grandson Tra... little dude is good.

Have fun!
DSCJNKY

Wow what a great course . . thanks for showing me around sdervan, glad we found the additional 9 and got to play it. It doesnt look like anyone on their reviews of the course has acknowledged the new 9 (the ridge). Also thanks for not killing me!

Oh shoot, I forgot to call the phone # on the disc I found. It had a Dynamic Discs stamp from a 2009 tourney?? I think. It was beige or tan in color and I think the area code was 818 or something like that. I put it right into the lost and found box in the clubhouse, hopeing maybe someone on here might know whose it was.

That is horrible news...Danny is an awesome guy and Bud Hill remains one of my top 2 favorite courses I have played. It would be really nice to play it without all the mosquitos around=)

Mosquitos so thick you can't see the ground. You have to see it to believe it. Heck, they love deep woods off. Gives them something to eat and swarm towards.

Yes, I was digging up old threads.

Has anyone played this course lately? I'm gonna try to hit on an upcoming road trip just wanted to see if anyone has an update

I know its a couple weeks in advance but I was hoping to play on Friday, July 23rd around mid-day (I really hope tris heat wave passes). My, gf, my best dg buddy, and I will be traveling on our way from Houston, TX to Cincinnati, OH and back. You can see more details about our trip on this thread.

Should I just shoot danny an e-mail? Thanks for the help.

Yes, I was digging up old threads.

Has anyone played this course lately? I'm gonna try to hit on an upcoming road trip just wanted to see if anyone has an update

Just played it last Wed. It was neatly trimmed and in great shape. Even though I got started mid-morning, it was still quite hot and humid. (I always seem to forget how muggy Memphis can get in the summer until I get out on a course without bringing a bottle of water with me. Doh!)

Just played it last Wed. It was neatly trimmed and in great shape. Even though I got started mid-morning, it was still quite hot and humid. (I always seem to forget how muggy Memphis can get in the summer until I get out on a course without bringing a bottle of water with me. Doh!)

Thanks for the update. Did you call or email danny for a reservation? I'm guessing you were the only one out since it was a wed. Did you play all 27?

Playing bud hill on our way through town in about an hour, will post later, we might stay around for the Sunday doubles too!

Last edited:
I emailed a few days beforehand and got a response back quickly. Yes, I played all 27 but the last nine (known as The Ridge) I just kinda played for fun throwing multiple shots. I was the only one there to start but people starting showing up as I was leaving.