• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Build me a 5 disc trilogy bag!

Harp- beefy throwing putter
Compass- holds whatever line you put it on, powers down well too
Recycled Spark- teebird
Sword- little bit understable distance
Scythe- OS driver that can handle wind, but not stupid overstable

I put together a 6 disc trilogy bag that I throw from time to time. The Escape and River overlap quite a bit, and I would probably drop the River to cut it down to 5 with this setup. Escape is a lot like a glidier Valk.

Pure
Tursas
Verdict
XXX
River
Escape

Judge (Whatever plastic you prefer) - Great putter for both driving and putting duties. More glide than I prefer, but matches an Atom pretty well.
Either stick with what you know and keep throwing the Core as your mid, or;
Truth - Stable enough to take more power than a Core, but not so overstable that it hooks up too quickly for a small bag.
Saint/Striker - Both should match up to a Valk pretty well, the Saint won't like wind as much as a Striker, but can be a bit longer in calm conditions.
Convict - Good, beefy driver. Great wind fighter, toward the overstable side to be used forehand or as semi-utility.
Trespass - Great disc! In Fusion, it flies very much like a Destroyer, but with a little more turn and a little more glide. Best Trilogy distance driver made in my opinion. (IE: Actually flies similar to it's numbers instead of most Trilogy which will be significantly more understable than suggested)

This is what I would pick for you;

Judge-Great throwing putter that you can also putt with
Bard- the perfect stable mid
Trident/XXX/Opto Spark- they are all good for wind fighting and FH. I've found no giant differences in flight
Stag- Stable fairway for any duty that can bomb
King- slightly underatable and goes BOOM!

I think this setup would be fine for most people:

Judge/Warden depending on bead preference
Mace
River
recycled spark
sword

out of my own game and preferences it would be

judge
emac truth
xxx
saint pro
scythe

Judge, Harp, Truth, Trident, Escape. Escapes will be a little more stable than your Valks but just as far.

Shield
Bard
Longbowman
Giant
the 5th is up to your likings - don't know if you rather throw putters or drivers or like some utility disc or very understable discs.

Soft Shield - stable putter
Warship - neutral long mid/short fairway
Recycled Spark - stable fairway (about 30' longer than a Verdict and very controllable)
Air Escape or Saint - for neutral driver
Giant - overstable distance driver

Shields, Recycled Spark, Escape, and Giant getting a lot of nods here. Warship is an overlooked mid that I'm finding can do double duty as a fairway driver.

Judge, Harp, justice, felon, trespass...would be your bag once u learn to sidearm

Pick a putter. Any Putter. Whatever feels good.
Evidence
Bard
Straight/Understable fairway (I would use a Fury or a Hatchet, but I like to hyzer-flip a lot. You could go with an Escape or Saint if you want something straighter)
Longbowman

If you would rather use 1 mid, you could try a Compass instead of the Bard/Evidence combo and add in a distance driver like a King (understable), Trespass (workable), or Defender (overstable-ish).

beginner/int.:

-judge, truth, river, saint, flow.

adv./pro:

-judge, harp, truth, mace, saint/saint pro, enforcer

by the way I got about five hundred dollars into my triology disc selection adventure. I cycled threw alot of molds to give that you that tidbit

These are actually the discs I use most and I am pretty close in range to you for distance.

Renegade
Culverin
Warship
Bard
Judge

while I like the river, I feel like the warship is just a better more consistent easier to grip disc that i can put out the same distance with more control.

I haven't tried much Trilogy so this gave me a good excuse to look up some discs. This is what my first try would be:

Judge
Mace
Thief
Culverin
Felon

Latest posts