• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Building a found disc bag

F.Luke

Double Eagle Member
Having played for quite some time I have acquired quite a few found discs that are not returnable to their owners by virtue of being unmarked, marked without contact info or the info has faded to unrecognizable ink. I know there are others with this problem. Post your found disc bag here.

I'll start. I have 24 discs from Rockland Park alone in my collection. I realized tonight that I could make a pretty serviceable bag from that stack.

The Rockland Park found disc bag:

Putter:
176g prime burst judge 7/10
Why? It's the only putter I've found

Midrange:
150g DX shark 8/10
Unknown weight KC Roc 7/10
Unknown weight K1 Kaxe 7/10
178g prism neutron Pyro 9/10 (looks brand new)

Fairways:
167g Champ Leopard 8/10 tie dye
Unknown weight Z AvengerSS 8/10 tie dye
165g DX Teebird 7/10
163g Champ Beast 8/10

Distance:
167g Pro Katana 7/10
Unknown weight Champ Wraith 7/10
172g Pro Destroyer 8/10
Unknown weight PMcB Star destroyer 7/10

The others:
171g PFN Star Skeeter 8/10
170g Star Roadrunner 6/10 (I used to bag this one)
171g PFN Star Roadrunner 8/10
170g Gstar Sidewinder 8/10 (I used to bag this one too)
152g Star Lite Mamba 7/10
Unknown weight Star Lite wraith 7/10
150g Blizzard Boss 8/10
Unknown weight Champ Boss 7/10
175g Star Vulcan 8/10
Unknown weight Z Nuke 8/10
Unknown weight Opto Halo 8/10

So folks, what am I missing? What should I add? What is your found disc bag?

I'll start. I have 24 discs from Rockland Park alone in my collection. I realized tonight that I could make a pretty serviceable bag from that stack.

The Rockland Park found disc bag:

Putter:
176g prime burst judge 7/10
Why? It's the only putter I've found

Midrange:
150g DX shark 8/10
Unknown weight KC Roc 7/10
Unknown weight K1 Kaxe 7/10
178g prism neutron Pyro 9/10 (looks brand new)

Fairways:
167g Champ Leopard 8/10 tie dye
Unknown weight Z AvengerSS 8/10 tie dye
165g DX Teebird 7/10
163g Champ Beast 8/10

Distance:
167g Pro Katana 7/10
Unknown weight Champ Wraith 7/10
172g Pro Destroyer 8/10
Unknown weight PMcB Star destroyer 7/10

The others:
171g PFN Star Skeeter 8/10
170g Star Roadrunner 6/10 (I used to bag this one)
171g PFN Star Roadrunner 8/10
170g Gstar Sidewinder 8/10 (I used to bag this one too)
152g Star Lite Mamba 7/10
Unknown weight Star Lite wraith 7/10
150g Blizzard Boss 8/10
Unknown weight Champ Boss 7/10
175g Star Vulcan 8/10
Unknown weight Z Nuke 8/10
Unknown weight Opto Halo 8/10

So folks, what am I missing? What should I add? What is your found disc bag?
Break that down to 6 or 7 discs and it would be more interesting.

In honor of Van1, I pared the Rockland Park found discs bag down to seven and took them out to where I found them to try and lose them again. The tie dyed are the easiest.

I bagged:
Prime burst judge
K1 Kaxe
Prodigy Stryder
Prism Neutron Pyro
Z AvengerSS (the tie died one)
Champion Beast
Champion Wraith

It was an interesting round to say the least.

The scores:

3,3,2,4,3,2,4,3,2,2,3,3,3,3,3,4,3,3=53

That is way lower than I expected. I did find an unmarked EV-7 PHI in OG medium plastic on hole two. That was quite fortuitous and ironic. It was instantly added as my putting putter. The judge was relegated to drives and approaches.

I probably won't throw this bag again.

Anyone else putting together a found disc bag and throwing a round with it?

found discs are always making their way into my bag. I only bag 10 discs but more often than not one of them is a freebie I like or am experimenting with.

I like the idea of this thread. Was going to put a bag together last night of "found" molds but realized half the damn discs are warp speed drivers lol

In the process of doing this I realized I just ordered a few random discs that're OOP but still sold at the factory store. So I decided to make a bag of rarely if ever, found, and just purchased OOP discs.

My Bag:
Old DX Polecat (thrown)
Yeti Aviar (Brand new)
Champ AviarX3 (thrown, barely)
Star Mirage (Brand new, just bought)
DX Gator (One of the first discs I bought, 15+ years old)
Star Coyote (Thrown before, not much)
Champ Spider (Used to putt with this, Old, It's a Champ Spider)
Star Spider (Brand new)
DX Griffin (Brand new)
Champ King Cobra (found, looks blizzardy, didn't throw it anyway)
DX Cheetah
Star Cheetah (Brand new)
G* Pegasus (Brand new)
Champ Gazelle (Used barely, unthrown today)
Pro Katana (Used barely, unthrown today)
DX Roc (Thrown, not too much)
KC Pro Roc (Thrown, not too much)
KC Pro Roc (Found, JC black ink discs stamp, still pretty fresh tho)
DX Glow Roc (Pretty much unthrown)
Star San Marino Roc (Barely thrown)

I shot a -4 and a -5 at my "local" course but a few holes are vastly different from emerald ash borer clearing. Either way that's some good golf from me, and many of the birdies were on holes that haven't been effected.

The stars of the show were the DX Cheetah, Star Cheetah, regular DX Roc, KC Pro Roc, Star Coyote, Yeti Aviar and that Mirage worked well with my non flick game.

The Griffin should stay OOP lol.

I am going to build a found discs bag this weekend though too. It'll be Giants, Halos, and Prodigy things that I don't understand most likely.

I've built a found disc bag and added purchased used discs to fill it out. 10 discs total. I use this bag when traveling and playing courses that are high risk for plastic loss or disc damage.

The found discs I have are mostly 14 speeds so they're all going to be dye tests, but there were a few that I have the arm speed to use:
175g Gateway SS Wizard (like new)
172g Discraft Roach (suuuuper beat in but a great flippy approach putter)
174g Westside BT Hard Harp (super beat in)
173g Innova DX Roc3 (also super beat in)
173g Prodigy 400 plastic F7 (medium condition)
160g Innova DX Dragon (good condition and ironically found on dry land)
173g Innova Champion TL (good condition)
173g Discmania Active Premium Rockstar (medium condition)
175g Innova Champion TL3 (good condition)
171g Discmania Active Premium Mentor (good condition)
168g Innova Champion Tern (medium condition)

A pretty decent bag, maybe needs a few mids.
Other found discs include a Colossus / Daedalus / Nuke / Boss and like I said, 14 speeds are about 5 speeds too fast for me.

Adding purchased disc kind of defeats the purpose of making a found disc bag. I too have found lots of Bosses and other high speed drivers. What surprised me the most was that I've found an adequate selection of putters and midranges. I need to start scouring the rough so I can build up some stable to overstable fairways and drivers.

I played Rockland Park with my usual bag today. I shot a 53 again. It looks like I proved the adage, "it's the archer not the arrow."

I also found an unmarked Z Comet in really good condition to add to my found disc bag.

Having played for quite some time I have acquired quite a few found discs that are not returnable to their owners by virtue of being unmarked, marked without contact info or the info has faded to unrecognizable ink. I know there are others with this problem. Post your found disc bag here.
I'm absolutely gonna have to get into the box in the car and do this. This is great.

I routinely snorkel the massive pond on our home course that two holes throw over. Some days I find 2-3 discs, some days I find 50, lol. I clean them up and return everything I can, but I'd say I have several hundred unmarked or unreturned discs (where owner told me to keep it). I could probably make a bag of found discs for each of the major manufacturer's at this point. This sounds like a hilarious idea to do with friends. Might have to get a group of 4 and snake draft 4 disc golf bags and play a round with some skin on the line. ***I think I currently have every color DX Beast and DX Leopard in production in this collection.

Is it a champ wraith? If so, I want it. I don't know why I find so many other than that I'm there a lot.
This is a hilarious idea. I know I've found an unmarked blue Wraith at Rockland, but shockingly not that many other uninked discs, and it's not because I'm staying in the fairway.

Latest posts