• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bums and Bridges DG

I noticed that the course was installed this year and that was the first review.

Seems that the city has realized that installing a DG course is an excellent method of dealing with problem areas. The current "parked" users will riff, raff and rant for a while until they realize the disc golfers just keep showing up to play.

Seems that the city has realized that installing a DG course is an excellent method of dealing with problem areas. The current "parked" users will riff, raff and rant for a while until they realize the disc golfers just keep showing up to play.

that was the original idea behind shaver park. now it is the best course in town. once enough big blue collar dudes playing come through and go "hey motherf**kers this isn't your piss-hole anymore so get out before we kill you" things will change

As long as it's Bums and Bridges and not Druggies and Daggers. It doesn't sound safe at all to me, but I'm not a big blue collar dude with a third degree in ninjitsu, so I'm not into starting turf wars with desperate crackheads. But it sounds like a good cause, so I hope it goes well for y'all and nobody gets cut.

I was thinking it would be talking about the course I played this weekend, Riverside Park in Grants Pass, OR. When I was playing it Friday on my way up to Eugene there were numerous homless people haning out around the park. A few asked me for change, one was sleeping next to the fairway on hole 8. I'll post pictures soon so you guys can see, when I was taking a tee pic of the hole you could see him sleeping in the picture. But this course plays more under bridges, 2 of them to be exact.

It will take a bit of time for this course to come around, the baskets have only been in for a few weeks. When I played there were a bunch of people sleeping/loitering in the area, and we did not have an issue with any of them.
My buddy even forgot a disc near one of the baskets and it was still there on our second round.
I think once the tee pads are in and more traffic comes though it will clean up. There is already talk of having disc golf events and instruction at the course too. Give it time.

It will take a bit of time for this course to come around, the baskets have only been in for a few weeks. When I played there were a bunch of people sleeping/loitering in the area, and we did not have an issue with any of them.
My buddy even forgot a disc near one of the baskets and it was still there on our second round.
I think once the tee pads are in and more traffic comes though it will clean up. There is already talk of having disc golf events and instruction at the course too. Give it time.

I agree. The course in Red Bluff had some realy bad issuses with drug use, homeless people camping there, and gay prostitution before the disc golf course went in. Now it has cleaned up so much that every time I play there I see familys walking around with kids playing, no fear that they would ever have an issue with the homeless population. Here in Eureka, Coopers Gulch used to have realy bad issues with the homeless and drug use, but the disc golf course has pushed alot of them into the areas where the disc golf course doesn't play. Making the rest of the park more safe for people using the baseball fields, walking paths, skate park, etc...

I think this is a great idea. Disc golf will probably clean that park up too, making it a place where people might feel safe bringing their family. It sounds like once the homeless population gets run off it will be a great place to teach kids to disc golf, much beter than DeLa with its crowds and 27 holes.

maybe these bums need a new hobby, oh perfect they should start playing dg

Latest posts