• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Buying discs you didn't want to trade

I once bought a lot of Destroyers that were mostly old patent pending pop top Echo Stars and a couple of Anthons but I only wanted the echo stars...

I've done this many times. I have stacks of discs that are just waiting to be used as trade bait, including some *D Destroyers and pre Kenny wraiths..... Yeah... It's an obsession...

I once bought a lot of Destroyers that were mostly old patent pending pop top Echo Stars and a couple of Anthons but I only wanted the echo stars...

That sounds like an awfully expensive lot of discs unless the seller had no idea what they were selling.

I usually just do this when winning an Am event and getting a lot of funny money. If there's not things I'd personally want I get stuff I would figure are easy to re-sell. With that said I've got DEALS DEALS DEALS, this Sunday! BE THERE. but for reals tho

I tend to shop for used discs once or twice a month. Don't always get something but sometimes I find I deal too good too pass, a lot of times if I don't throw them I know someone who does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a lot of 7 field tested discs that contained a Mystere and Savant both in Luster Champ, with a Star Destroyer, Lucid Escape, Lucid Defender, Opto Ballista and Opto Culverin. I just wanted the Savant and Mystere with the Destroyer being an investment as I was hoping for flippy but got FR McBeth stability. I ended up trading the Defender, sold the Ballista, traded traded the Culverin and traded the Escape. I only paid 68.50 shipped to my door for all 7. I want to do this again but with someone who has no idea what they have so its much easier. I either use my fun bucks for backups or for molds I'm looking to try (my Fuzion Verdict for example), but if I'm ever in a situation where I can't find backups or don't need more (is this actually possible?) I will find things that are easy to trade (Buzzes and Wizards).

If there is a lot of discs that has a couple discs I wan, and few more that are easy sells(Destroyers, Rocs, Felons,etc.) I'll totally get it and trade the rest for more discs I want. If it's a good deal why not?

I generally add on a couple or more discs specifically for trading when filling a cart. Sometimes it helps hit a purchase level for free shipping. Hit used bins with some skills now and then. I know what will trade nice people I play with. Often trade is for beverages, food, or such.

DX Flat Top ROCs are my go to.

Oh yeah, I'll poach the used bin from time to time. I've got a couple of Ontario Pro Rhynos recently that I need to get off my lazy arse and sell/trade already, so that I don't bear the shame of being a Rhyno owner like Zenbot. :|

Awhile back I got a new CE QMS from PIAS that was marked cheap b/c it was a x-out. Made a tidy sum selling to a buddy that loved those things (those were sweet mids).

I did get a 12 time KC ROC the one with the 09 color icebowl logo on it from that ice bowl. It was a disc I never planned on throwing as it was a ROC a disc I do not throw, I was not going to get rid of said disc ever I thought due to the Color logo making the disc Flat that 12 tile KC ROC might be worth something nearly new like a 9.5/10. It is a Ivory colored disc that is now $40-$50 being sold online. I will never throw the disc. I also did the same with a Discraft Elite Z Wasp I never really intended to throw, a disc with the 2008 South Dakota State Disc Golf Championship. I tried using the disc a few times Keeping the disc and a limited edition more used by me Elite X Wasp I won with a different tournament name on the disc that somehow at that time I got the Elite Z Wasp started finding both Wasps were hard to play with. I find that most discs that are ROC like in design I can't throw. I throw Sharks for that and could throw Buzz if need be too. Not sure on the Rare Elite X Wasp as it is a lighter weight disc at 167-169 grams. That Elite X Wasp I am not sure of the price but I will not ever sell it.

I saw a lot of 7 field tested discs that contained a Mystere and Savant both in Luster Champ, with a Star Destroyer, Lucid Escape, Lucid Defender, Opto Ballista and Opto Culverin. I just wanted the Savant and Mystere with the Destroyer being an investment as I was hoping for flippy but got FR McBeth stability. I ended up trading the Defender, sold the Ballista, traded traded the Culverin and traded the Escape. I only paid 68.50 shipped to my door for all 7. I want to do this again but with someone who has no idea what they have so its much easier. I either use my fun bucks for backups or for molds I'm looking to try (my Fuzion Verdict for example), but if I'm ever in a situation where I can't find backups or don't need more (is this actually possible?) I will find things that are easy to trade (Buzzes and Wizards).

In your situation you at least bought 7 good discs that could easily be sold or traded again by you later. Occasionally you'll see a lot of discs for sale with one or two jewels in it but the rest will be total crap. Those are the times when you really have to decide how bad you want a couple discs.

Yeah I've done it. Buy a lot for one or two discs at the price I feel is right for what I want. My problem is I'm kind of a procrastinator so I don't get around to selling my extras. Looking at a stack of like 30 discs I gotta throw in the marketplace right now...

Yeah I've done it. Buy a lot for one or two discs at the price I feel is right for what I want. My problem is I'm kind of a procrastinator so I don't get around to selling my extras. Looking at a stack of like 30 discs I gotta throw in the marketplace right now...

I see a growing used market of Facebook too

Latest posts