• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buying New Discs?

The general rule of thumb is the premium plastics (like your Buzzz) are more durable and will last longer, hence they cost more money. The DX discs in your starter set are meant for people starting out or who aren't serious players, hence the cheaper per disc price, but they'll ding up and need replacement faster, especially the drivers.

Either way you decide to go, expect to buy more discs in the future.

I see, thanks for the explanation on that. And I know I'll be buying more discs in the future, so these DX discs will hold me over till I start playing more and more.

Yep. DX can last years its just more subject to changing flight patterns. When a disc beats up it tends to start to go to the right (turn) and get more glide even too.

Learning to throw is the key. I played with a dx viper skeeter and viking for a long time.

It's all confusing to me still with the different brands and the multiple types of plastic that each brand uses. I know once I get into it more it'll start to become clear to me.

basically I would mirror what Aim For The Chains (who was a great help to me when I started too) said is taht you will find discs that you like and ones you don't, I have "passed along" discs that just weren't for me and kept others that were gifted to me that were.

I mainly throw DX but I prefer the feel and the way that premium plastics fly. (Thats just personal preference) There are hundreds of discs out there I have yet to try also.

PM sent about this topic. If I was to get a disc dyed, I'd get Champion, as it will last the longest. And, if you are paying more for it to look cool, you want it to be around forever. Glow discs are amazing to dye and you can come up with some really nifty ideas with them and a stamp.

Wish I would have saw this forum sooner.

Last edited: