• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz guide

No they came out before the second first runs. The way it was explained to me by someone who worked at discraft, is that these were the first run molds using the modified wasp mold, and could possibly be first runs, as not all first runs were labled as such. The buzz then got its own mold, which came out domey and nobody liked. Then they went back to the wasp mold for the 2006 players cup second first runs

ok thanks for the info! i jus want to know what to label it as. any idea on value?

So WASP tooled Buzzzes are first or second runs?

I would just say that wasp tooled buzzzes are "early run" buzzzes unless they say first run or second first run on them specifically. They only made the wasp tooled ones for a short time but I haven't seen anything stating how many exact runs were done or in what order they were made.

I have 2 buzzzes from a run of full colors I did years ago; 1 of them is BUZZZ tooled and 1 is WASP tooled - wtf? did they change the tooling in the middle of my run or something?

I have 2 buzzzes from a run of full colors I did years ago; 1 of them is BUZZZ tooled and 1 is WASP tooled - wtf? did they change the tooling in the middle of my run or something?

took a closer look at these 2 and the BUZZZ tool is super flat and the WASP tool has a bit of a dome. It's driving me nuts how I got 2 different runs of buzzes from the same 50 custom full color disc order back in 2004? :confused:

took a closer look at these 2 and the BUZZZ tool is super flat and the WASP tool has a bit of a dome. It's driving me nuts how I got 2 different runs of buzzes from the same 50 custom full color disc order back in 2004? :confused:

To answer your post, since nobody did at the time and this thread has since been revived.

These full colors are all simply white, blank Buzzzes that had been molded already. Discraft usually doesn't mold discs per order for tournament fundraisers. They already had a stash of white blanks sitting somewhere and simply printed on them per your order.

Those two Buzzzes that you received with different tooling were not from the same run. They could have been molded years apart from each other, but had been sitting in the Discraft factory. When you sent in your order for supercolor prints, they grabbed some of these blank white buzzzes that they already had a stash of (in this case both Buzzz and Wasp tooled) and printed them on them for you.

Latest posts