• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Buzzz OS or M2?

rmcnulty85

Looking for an overstable mid. I currently have a flex buzzz ss, which I love, but turn over easily. M2 and Buzzz OS have great reviews, and seem almost identical. Looking for input....

Looking for an overstable mid. I currently have a flex buzzz ss, which I love, but turn over easily. M2 and Buzzz OS have great reviews, and seem almost identical. Looking for input....

BuzzzOS has much less glide. M2 is a workhorse while the os is built to fade hard & have little glide. If you want s straight to fade line...M2. Want a beef cake, go BuzzzOS.

Been awhile since I threw the M2 but the Buzzz OS is probably more like the M1. Guess it depends on how overstable you want. I love the Buzzz OS but it doesn't come out all too often. Its a lot more OS than my beefy Champion Rancho Roc. BOS isn't a brick like a Gator, its still workable. But M2 would be even more adaptable.

The Buzzz OS was quite a bit more overstable than I expected it to be. I actually prefer the Hornet as a Buzzz compliment. If your only experience is with the Buzzz SS, you may want to also consider a regular Buzzz. The FLX plastic is typically a bit more overstable than other plastics anyway.

I dont own a buzz OS but my buddies have thrown them while I'm playing with them, and I would agree, BOS is a lil more OS and has way less glide, the M2 is my go-to midrange still reliable fade but holds straight and long well, it can do about anything, I think the BOS would be closer to an M1...but, I like the M2 too much to want a change.

I'm using a Theory in place of the Buzzz SS, but for a time I used all 3 Buzzz discs. I loved the way they all felt very similar, but flew quite differently. Add a Z Buzzz instead of an M2 if you want the sort of workhorse mid that JCass described, and a Buzzz OS if you want a solidly OS mid. There is a place in most bags to try all 3 discs, and the original Buzzz is a hugely popular disc for a reason.

Between the two, I'd say M2. I think you should add a lucid Verdict for consideration, though. It'll feel like your Buzz while keeping the distance you probably like...not so dumpy as the Buzz OS. Really nice os disc. If you really want a strong os fade then the Buzz OS, but I think I'd pick some other discs over that one, personally. Try out a Verdict if you can and see what you think.