• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Caiman

The Rat From pictures looks like a no thumbtrack Pig but faster with a lower profile or a Classic ROC but with a rounder rim, hard to tell with the picture being from the top.

Diameter
21.1 cm
Maximum weight
175.1 gram
Height
2.0 cm
Rim depth
1.3 cm
Inside rim diameter
18.8 cm
Rim thickness
1.2 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio
5.2 %
Rim configuration ratio

But where did you find this info?

So I'm thinking Gator3 for the Caiman. The Rat is hopefully a Harp type disc or something similar but with some sort of bead, maybe a Classic Roc3?

The only reason I don't think gator3 is why not call it a gator3 if it's simply a flat top gator? It must be different enough from a gator to be named something different.

agreed. im starting to doubt the rebranding of a beadless gator because that would make them less stable than the gator so hopefully it is a new mold all together. something more sharp in the nose possibly? just seems silly to warrant a .5 difference in speed.

Again, the Whale is not a + mold of the Aviar, but the V-tech version of the Aviar. Very different things...

Oh I did not know that, Dave should have cleared that up in a post talking about the extra plastic added to the Innova mold making a Whale. He literally said a one line thing saying the Whale is a Aviar with extra plastic added to the disc, so I thought + mold. I guess with V-tech you have to add plastic in some parts to a mold to make a disc too while taking away in others. PS If I am Wrong Sorry, I have not really looked at a V-tech Disc from Innova but I have looked at the + mold before with the XD+ the only mold of the XD being made right now. the XD in + mold makes the disc more like a Colt or Stud in feel. I saw an XD+ in the local Sports store that sells only Innova, Millennium and Discmania but they tend to sell mostly Innova and Discmania. They do not sell Hyzerbomb or I have never seen it sold there at the store.

Oh I did not know that, Dave should have cleared that up in a post talking about the extra plastic added to the Innova mold making a Whale. He literally said a one line thing saying the Whale is a Aviar with extra plastic added to the disc, so I thought + mold. I guess with V-tech you have to add plastic in some parts to a mold to make a disc too while taking away in others. PS If I am Wrong Sorry, I have not really looked at a V-tech Disc from Innova but I have looked at the + mold before with the XD+ the only mold of the XD being made right now. the XD in + mold makes the disc more like a Colt or Stud in feel. I saw an XD+ in the local Sports store that sells only Innova, Millennium and Discmania but they tend to sell mostly Innova and Discmania They do not sell Hyzerbomb or I have never seen it sold there at the store.

Okay, let's end the confusion:

I don't know what Mr. Dunipace said about the Whale being an Aviar with extra plastic, but the Whale is an Aviar top with a V-Tech bottom. Other discs, such as the VRoc, VCobra, Stud, Colt, and Wombat also have V-Tech bottoms, which is defined by having a convex lower rim and a (pretty big) bead. That convex rim and bead are what defines a disc as "V-Tech".

A Plus Mold ( + mold ), such as a Teebird+ or TL+, is where the inside of the lower rim is "relaxed", or at a less sharp angle to the top rim than the normal disc's rim. That's all it is; nothing fancier than that, just a different angle of the inside wall of the lower rim.

And a "3" series disc is one that has the bottom piece like its original namesake, but a flat top. Well, that's what it's supposed to be; the TL3 does not have that very flat top. The Roc3, Aviar3, and AviarX3 sure do, especially in Star Plastic.

V-Tech, "3" series, and Plus Molds have nothing to do with each other, and I don't know of any disc that has both V-tech and Plus Mold.

Last edited:
Okay, let's end the confusion:

I don't know what Mr. Dunipace said about the Whale being an Aviar with extra plastic, but the Whale is an Aviar top with a V-Tech bottom. Other discs, such as the VRoc, VCobra, Stud, Colt, and Wombat also have V-Tech bottoms, which is defined by having a convex lower rim and a (pretty big) bead. That convex rim and bead are what defines a disc as "V-Tech".

A Plus Mold ( + mold ), such as a Teebird+ or TL+, is where the inside of the lower rim is "relaxed", or at a less sharp angle to the top rim than the normal disc's rim. That's all it is; nothing fancier than that, just a different angle of the inside wall of the lower rim.

And a "3" series disc is one that has the bottom piece like its original namesake, but a flat top. Well, that's what it's supposed to be; the TL3 does not have that very flat top. The Roc3, Aviar3, and AviarX3 sure do, especially in Star Plastic.

V-Tech, "3" series, and Plus Molds have nothing to do with each other, and I don't know of any disc that has both V-tech and Plus Mold.

God, Innova is just the worst.