• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Caiman

Sexton thinkin about joinin the Caiman Crew

2019-02-07-1545.png

I know Nate was already using Mortars which are *pretty much* the same disc, so curious if he's considering switching to just have more Innova in his bag or what. Personally I switched from Mortars to Caimans just bc of greater availability.

I'm surprised Wysocki hasn't given the Caiman a try for his Harp replacement. Or the AviarX3. So far I've seen him mention trying stuff like Gators and Aviar3s, but not the Caiman or AviarX3. Maybe I missed it though and he's already given them a shot.

I know Nate was already using Mortars which are *pretty much* the same disc, so curious if he's considering switching to just have more Innova in his bag or what. Personally I switched from Mortars to Caimans just bc of greater availability.

I'm surprised Wysocki hasn't given the Caiman a try for his Harp replacement. Or the AviarX3. So far I've seen him mention trying stuff like Gators and Aviar3s, but not the Caiman or AviarX3. Maybe I missed it though and he's already given them a shot.

I thought Wysocki would use a Pig or AviarX3 for his Harp but maybe Wysocki is going with what he used before from Innova when he was sponsored by the company.

I
I'm surprised Wysocki hasn't given the Caiman a try for his Harp replacement. Or the AviarX3. So far I've seen him mention trying stuff like Gators....

Champ Gators are the OG forehand approach disc, are they not? I've tried Mortars, Harps, and Zones. Went out the other day and decided my old Champ Gator still does it best. The only thing that sort of "improves" upon it for me is the Justice- because I know it will NEVER turn, and it can be made to skip more if one so desires.

Champ Gators are the OG forehand approach disc, are they not?

Oh for sure, but I figured he'd sample all the new stuff Innova had to offer in case something might be a better fit. /shrug

I just want the season to start haha.

Quick question: I want an OS compliment to my Rocs but gators were always a hair too short for the job. Would a Caiman or a Gator3 be better at the OS Roc spot? Or are they still not a great fit?

(I hate the roc3x btw)

Quick question: I want an OS compliment to my Rocs but gators were always a hair too short for the job. Would a Caiman or a Gator3 be better at the OS Roc spot? Or are they still not a great fit?

(I hate the roc3x btw)

Don't blame you a bit for hating the RocX3... i don't 'hate' it, but I can't find a reason for it to exist.

Meanwhile, have you tried the Rat? It may not be as good as a Caiman or Gator3 for what you want, but I'm just putting it out there as a possiblity... :popcorn:

Champ Gators are the OG forehand approach disc, are they not? I've tried Mortars, Harps, and Zones. Went out the other day and decided my old Champ Gator still does it best. The only thing that sort of "improves" upon it for me is the Justice- because I know it will NEVER turn, and it can be made to skip more if one so desires.

I guess, but beads ain't great for FH. Doesn't mean people don't throw them but they don't feel right. Zone is the gold standard for FH approach. Not even close.

(I hate the roc3x btw)

Verdict is a different hand feel but is exactly what I always wanted my RocX3 to be. Verdicts are usably overstable and get quite a bit of distance considering how much HSS and LSS they have.

Don't blame you a bit for hating the RocX3... i don't 'hate' it, but I can't find a reason for it to exist.

Meanwhile, have you tried the Rat? It may not be as good as a Caiman or Gator3 for what you want, but I'm just putting it out there as a possiblity... :popcorn:

I have not tried the rat, and how is that going to be any longer than a gator?

Rat is potentially longer but considerably more flippy than a Gator.

Doesn't the rat have a 1.1 cm rim? How does that have more distance potential than a Gator? Just the stability?

I wouldn't expect a rat to keep up with my Colts much less my Rocs.

(I hate the roc3x btw)

MD4 might be what you're looking for.

Doesn't the rat have a 1.1 cm rim? How does that have more distance potential than a Gator? Just the stability?

I wouldn't expect a rat to keep up with my Colts much less my Rocs.

Depends on your power, of course. In general, Rat is a bit easier to throw so more distance potential for the under 500' crowd. Also depends on the Gator. Flat MF or glow is gonna be beefier than Star.

(I hate the roc3x btw)

Millenium Taurus is the RocX. Only other option with the same hand feel as a Roc but more OS is a flat max weight Wasp.