• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

California trip up north from SoCal November 9-11

Right now, Skyline in Napa is REALLY dry since we've barely had any rain yet, so there are plenty of rollaways going on. I had an epic one on 18 yesterday - hit the top band and rolled about 200 feet into the dry creek bed down below. We're talking easy 40 feet of elevation drop, and then in jail behing a giant oak trying to get back uphill. BRUTAL!

As for Stafford, this is one of my favorite times of year to play it. Dry, but softer than Napa since it's more coastal and gets a lot more dew in the morning. No ticks around, grass/weeds are low, and not a lot of people playing since it's late in the year. First real rain of the year last week, so there are some green grass sprouts already starting to show up.

Tim S.

Right now, Skyline in Napa is REALLY dry since we've barely had any rain yet, so there are plenty of rollaways going on. I had an epic one on 18 yesterday - hit the top band and rolled about 200 feet into the dry creek bed down below. We're talking easy 40 feet of elevation drop, and then in jail behing a giant oak trying to get back uphill. BRUTAL!

As for Stafford, this is one of my favorite times of year to play it. Dry, but softer than Napa since it's more coastal and gets a lot more dew in the morning. No ticks around, grass/weeds are low, and not a lot of people playing since it's late in the year. First real rain of the year last week, so there are some green grass sprouts already starting to show up.

Tim S.

I did only play it in Febuary when it was green and moist. So you are probably right.

Hey lion, how many ppl in your group? Trying to see if housing is avail. in Arcata for you guys.

Thursday

there is a Motel 6 on 30th right near the N st. exit off 80, which will put you 5 minutes from McClatchy park. From there you'll just have to go down Alhambra to Broadway, go Left down to 35th, go right & you'll deadend right into the park. go left at the stop sign, parking lot is on the right & 1st tee is right near the restroom. should take you about 30 minutes to play. If it's late afternoon, it could be a little thick with civilians.

If you guys are looking for one more or a guide for the Redwood Curtain on the 10th, I could join you...

I wish, but even though I've lived here for a while, I've never played bop...I would be a terrible guide for that course!

I wish, but even though I've lived here for a while, I've never played bop...I would be a terrible guide for that course!

You don't need to be a guide. I think I'm going to try to make it out there to help Caleb with guiding everyone around.

More the merrier. I think there will be a lot of people out that day. Bunch of ppl from our club are going out. Should be fun. I might skip the curtain round and just head down early to get a few small projects done before folks show up to play.

Yeah...I'm kinda trying to conserve la gasolina for a trip to Mammoth Lakes later this month, so I'll probably just try to meet you guys for the Curtain round.

Word. Ride share from Arcata to BOP highly recommended.

Speaking of which, unless I pay my insurance within the next week, I could use a ride too, if any one is going from Arcata. I do have some $ to help with gas.

This is pretty true. I could swing some doubloons for gas...Anyway...I'm stoked to meet some of you guys. I have a feeling we're all part-time models. ;)

Yea, you need to get to know the Par Infinity crew if you are going to get into the scene around here.

I kinda know 'em...but I've never really done any competitive events other than an occasional Wednesday night doubles...it probably doesn't help that I'm really antisocial.

I kinda know 'em...but I've never really done any competitive events other than an occasional Wednesday night doubles...it probably doesn't help that I'm really antisocial.

That doesn't matter. You just need to get to know more of us. It will help make you into more of a social person.

yeah. I agree with you there. I'm hoping to get a bit more involved in this scene.

Well the round at the curtain will be early and hopefully tee off before 7am so we can get everyone thru and have time to drive down to BOP and get lunch. I hear you need 5-6 hours to complete the round at BOP with large number groups.

Latest posts