• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Calling all Euro throwers!

Bugz36984

Birdie Member
So I've been experimenting with so me new plastic outside of my 95% innova bag (hornet), and I am really diggin the river. Amazing glide effortlessly, and easy to control. Also threw the saint very briefly, only about 5 throws, but looking to try out more euro discs, not just limiting to lat64. So, for all you euro chuckers, whats your lineup? What are you throwing for your drivers (OS, S, US) and your fairway drivers (OS, S, US)??? My mids and putters are locked down. Let me hear what your working with.

Drivers- Trespass, Giant. Fairways- Escape, Mids- Truth, Verdict, Suspect. Putters- Judge, Sinus. All produced by Lat 64 but retailed as a mix of Westside, DD, and Lat

Drivers - Giant, XXX, Sword, Northman
Fairways - Escape, Striker, Stag, Fury, River, Underworld
Mids - Mace, Pain, Warship, Truth, Fuse, Tursas
Putters - Sinus, Pure, Judge, Swan 2

Drivers
Sword VIP Stable to little overstable
Sword TP (beat) flippy
Tresspass Lucid Overstable
Renegade Biofuzion Slightly flippy comes back to the line

Fairway
Saint GL Stable
Saint Opto Slightly overstable
Escape Lucid Overstable
Fury Opto Understable slightly
Underworld TP Understable
xXx or Trident in Opto for serious overstable

Mid
Mace GL Overstable
Truth Lucid Stable
Tursas VIP Understable

My sig has a few of them. Saint,River,Trident,XXX

I also like the Latitude 64 Mace and Fuse. Very good midranges.

The Fuse and the Comet gets switched out on occasion.

I've thrown Lat and Westside drivers almost exclusively since December or so; awesome, awesome discs, and their lineups provide you with a lot of possibilities.

Underworld/River/Stag constitutes the main portion of my drivers. I've been throwing the Stag and Underworld since they came out in March, and could not be happier with them (especially the Underworld). I recently added heavy Opto Rivers for a stable driver in between the two, and it's working out perfectly. They compliment each other well stability-wise, have similar feels in the hand, are in the same speed range, and all prefer that characteristic smooth throw. Switching between them could not be easier; they're natural compliments to each other. Between these three, I have all I could ever need in my mainstay fairway drivers.

{I've opted to continue throwing Banshees as my seriously OS disc for a few reasons: I'm already familiar with them, I like how they beat in in base plastic, and I like having a base plastic disc in my bag for water holes/risky shots. They do their job perfectly, so I've had no need to replace them.}

The Underworld is a very understable fairway: as glidey as the River, but with a lot more lateral movement. I can't imagine an easier hyzer flip to turnover disc, and certainly haven't thrown one. Great for BH turnovers, huge annys, rollers, and low ceiling & low power shots. I don't flick, and this disc opened up a ton of lines for me.

The Stag is a great, underrated disc; many were disappointed when it first came out that it wasn't quite as OS as its flight ratings suggest, and I think it gets an unwarranted bad rap for that. I love how much the flight varies in different weights and plastics: light Tournaments fly like glidey Eagle Xs (bit of turn, big fade) and beat in like them too (lose HSS before LSS), while max weight VIPs fight wind very well and won't turn unless you really, really crank (OAT) them. I carry both varieties and they cover a lot of lines for me. Great moderate wind disc: stable enough to fight through while still maximizing distance through that glidey Euro magic.

Sounds like you already know the River. I initially threw Test Material and light Gold Line Rivers, and was disappointed that it wasn't more understable; gave them up for the Underworld. Now that I'm using them in Opto in a different role, I'm falling back in love with them. It gets a lot of hype, but it's warranted.

Also, Euro plastic is generally considered to be finickier than many other brands, requiring smooth throwing motions and good technique. Throwing it has done wonders for my form. Having returned to the River after 6 months of only throwing the Stag and Underworld, I can really see how my abilities have progressed in the River's flight and distance as compared to what I was getting at the beginning of the year. One of the many perks of throwing Lat drivers.

I've tried many other Euro discs at one time or another, but these three have each been in the bag for 6 months or more, with many more likely to come. Can't say enough good things about 'em, and Lat/Westside in general.

Last edited:
I have spent a lot of time with these Euro discs...
Drivers: Lucid Tresspass, Lucid Rengade, Tourney Sword, Opto Flow
Fairways: Opto Saint, VIP Stag, GL River
Mids: GL Fuse, VIP Warship

I recommend the ones that have made it into the signature.

if your mids and putters are locked down then i don't know what to tell ya. IMO that's where lat64 has their best offerings.

i used to have an entire lat64 bag. the river gets a lot of attention; i found too much variation in the 5+ that i bought to buy them again, plus the + rim that i THOUGHT didn't really make a difference . . . really made a difference for me. throwing lat is actually what made me start throwing my mids more than my drivers because i didn't like a whole lot of them.

if i were to pick a good driver, i'd say the striker. opto or GL. that's the one driver i threw from them that did what i wanted it to do every single time and i would definitely buy it again in a heartbeat. i hopped on the striker train late and i understand that there has been variation throughout the mold's history, but in the last year or so every striker i've bought has been straight with fade every single time. maybe a leeeeeeetle bit of turn.

also, don't forget about discmania. ;) PD all the way, baby.

Last edited:
Play a heavily wooded course and prefer mostly understable discs for the woods.

Northman
Diamond
Underworld
Trident
Warship
Tursas
Swan 2
Mercy

Sometimes throw in a Fuse or a River.

The Pain is a great mid, worth trying out.
I too like the Stag. Just don't need it where I mostly play.
I have a really nice looking Mace but we don't see eye to eye.
I prefer Opto over GL.

My entire fairway lineup is Euro plastic...

US Fairway - S-FD
Stable Fairway - C-FD
OS Fairway - XXX

;)

My Lat/DD/Westide tester bag is coming along so far.
Drivers:
170 tp giant, 2-175 swords, 175 rgl Saint
Mids:
176 lucid Fugitive, 176 opto pain
I am looking into trying an opto xxx for my meathook, opto fuse and lucid escape. Will the Escape pair well with the saint? or will the stag pair better?

IMO, the escape is too much like the Saint.

They both go about the same distance, have about the same turn, and a really close fadeout.

The Stag would pair better in my opinion, or if you wanna hit the other side of the spectrum, I can't say enough good things about the Fury as an understable control/distance driver slot.

Drivers: Riot, Saint, Blitz (all gl)
Mids: Pain, Core, Fuse (all opto)
Approach: Judge, Pure, Sinus
Putter: Mercy, Pure, Judge
Utility: Sinus, xXx

I don't use a whole lot of drivers (discing down adventure still fully going...), but was thinking about adding a River. I don't feel a big need for understable discs (throwing forehand, lefthanded and pretty bad form helps...). For the approach I want to try a soft Judge since it is supposed to stick to the ground a lot better. And maybe adding a Warship. Still waiting for the opto Mace.

I usually perfer the Blitz over the xXx in windy conditions.

Latest posts