• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Calling it Frolf...

TylerBrown2

Is this like slapping your grandmother?

I was introduced to the game by people who say Frolf. It is quick and easy and people know what the hell we are talking about. If I say disc golf it sounds pretentious.

Seems like people on here get butt hurt about it. Is it really that big of deal?

I will gladly offer the compromise of Dilf.

Some of us care, some more than others. I'm not fond of the word frolf, and would rather just say "Frisbee golf" if need be. It's no biggie though.

Dilf? :|

Is this like slapping your grandmother?

I was introduced to the game by people who say Frolf. It is quick and easy and people know what the hell we are talking about. If I say disc golf it sounds pretentious.

Seems like people on here get butt hurt about it. Is it really that big of deal?

I will gladly offer the compromise of Dilf.

IMO, Frolf is a hobby played with any cheap frisbee you can find. Disc golf is a sport played with high-quality golf discs. I don't get angry over it, but it does bug me when someone who plays calls it frolf or frisbee golf. If it's a non-player, than it's understandable. Others do get a bit angry though...

Which is silly. Frolf is quite a bit better than "Have you ever seen people throwing stuff at the bird feeders in the park?"

LOL. I have heard something like that before

It's the same thing when people talk about reloading their guns with another "clip" It's not really a clip, its a magazine. You can go on correcting this all day long but it will continue to happen.

I get angry, not often, but I do. However, frolf really isn't something that gets me heated and if it did, I think it would be time to reevaluate my priorities.

58085188.jpg

IMO, Frolf is a hobby played with any cheap frisbee you can find. Disc golf is a sport played with high-quality golf discs. I don't get angry over it, but it does bug me when someone who plays calls it frolf or frisbee golf. If it's a non-player, than it's understandable. Others do get a bit angry though...

When I'm talking to a non-player, I'll typically refer to it as frisbee golf. Maybe I mumble or slur my words together, but nobody knows what I'm talking about when I call it disc golf. "Dis culf? Disk ulv?"
I am, however, annoyed by frolf. Not enough to make a big scene, but I wouldn't be caught dead saying that.

If your name was Richard, it would be quick and easy to call you Dick, and people would likely know what the hell I was talking about. But, who wants to be called Dick? :p

When I'm talking to a non-player, I'll typically refer to it as frisbee golf. Maybe I mumble or slur my words together, but nobody knows what I'm talking about when I call it disc golf. "Dis culf? Disk ulv?"
I am, however, annoyed by frolf. Not enough to make a big scene, but I wouldn't be caught dead saying that.

^^^ That's exactly how I am.

The word frolf doesn't bother me, but it does let me know that I'm dealing with a chucker who more than likely wouldn't know a hyzer from a howitzer.

The bird feeder response actually made me laugh out loud. I only like frolf because it is easy to say.

The other good point is frisbee is a brand, which i totally get. I do now call it disc golf to anyone new but the friends I play with back home all call it frolf. They do know a hyzer from a howitzer but only a few of them lol.

Frolf, bad.

Folf, ok.

Latest posts