• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Callous on index finger is this normal?

I always get one on my index finger on the bend at the first knuckle and it cracks and bleeds. Takes forever to heal because of where it is... I keep medical tape in my bag.

You must have small fingers to reach that deep on the rim, or you don't use a power grip. That part of my finger doesn't even touch the rim, it's all pad of my fingers

You must have small fingers to reach that deep on the rim, or you don't use a power grip. That part of my finger doesn't even touch the rim, it's all pad of my fingers

I don't think my hards are small... can't say I have ever measured them though. I use a three finger power grip. And drivers aren't as bad as driving with a mid or a putter. I think those are what get me.

I don't think my hards are small... can't say I have ever measured them though. I use a three finger power grip. And drivers aren't as bad as driving with a mid or a putter. I think those are what get me.

Mids and putters are a deeper rim so that's more understandable, mine get a little calloused from using a fan grip on putters, but it doesn't hurt like when driving at the beginning of the year. Like I said though, when driving, only the pads of my fingers touch, never all the way down to the knuckle.

I have one at the first crease on my index finger - mostly from mids and putters. If I play more than one round in a day I'll put a thick bandaid or tape on it - keeps it from getting sore or cracking.

no. it is not normal. it is a right of passage. and DG chicks dig it... i suggest immediately tattooing something boastful and arrogant on it...

i have large hands and get a callous in the same area. pretty sure we just use the super-secret godzilla grip... thats all. its the most manly of all grips out there, you know. he's just jealous because he can't do the godzilla grip, so he called your hands small.