• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cam Todd

craftsman

* Ace Member *
Anyone know what's up with Todd coming out of retirement? Is he going to be innova or craft? I know he's playing doubles with Micheal johansen (usdgc)

cam is back playing events- was second to schwebby at his re-debut last weekend in nc. my guess is he won't be on either team immediately but that is just a guess. he and mjo will be a team to be reckoned with. if cam plays regularly he will be back in the top 10 in the world almost immediately- best long putter i have ever seen.

so why did the guy quit playing then? I got into DG as soon as he was on his way out or so it seemed.

what a player signs with a team does he use only those discs? This may sound dumb, but I've never been sponsored before (imagine that) and was just wondering.

when I go pro this could really influence my decision on which team to sign with. :rolleyes:

so why did the guy quit playing then? I got into DG as soon as he was on his way out or so it seemed.

he was burnt out on it from touring. it's a hard life when every missed putt is a cheeseburger that you aren't going to get to eat and a package of ramen noodles that you are. he also had some anger issues on the course at that point. (i know/knew cam a little at the time and never had any problems with him myself- he was always cordial and willing to help out the newbies off the course in my experience.- there were a number of tales otherwise however)

MSDGC 2004 features him prominently, along with retired/semiretired greats Walt Haney & Ron Russell.

i miss walt. if he'd played disc golf as much as the other top dogs back in the day he could've been a world champ too. always a complete joy to play with as well.

what a player signs with a team does he use only those discs? This may sound dumb, but I've never been sponsored before (imagine that) and was just wondering.

when I go pro this could really influence my decision on which team to sign with. :rolleyes:

some do, some don't. i think innova makes you play with all theirs and discraft strongly encourages it, it was widely known that steve rico still carried an old beat roc when he was on team discraft. gateway doesn't require all their guys to throw all gateway- nikko locastro throws a destroyer.

he was burnt out on it from touring. it's a hard life when every missed putt is a cheeseburger that you aren't going to get to eat and a package of ramen noodles that you are. he also had some anger issues on the course at that point. (i know/knew cam a little at the time and never had any problems with him myself- he was always cordial and willing to help out the newbies off the course in my experience.- there were a number of tales otherwise however)

Yeah I could see how it would be frustrating when touring... it seems almost impossible to make a living at being just a professional disc golfer.

... if cam plays regularly he will be back in the top 10 in the world almost immediately- best long putter i have ever seen.

I'll second that, he would step up to a putt from most any distance and drop it without all the routine of some pros, amazing.

As for his behavior, Ive seen him act like both a champion and a child, hope he has turned it around, he was impressive to watch play. I saw him smack a tree 100 ft or so from the tee and the disc "bounced" off of it and flew another 300+ ft, he had some major speed/torque on his throws.

looks like cam is going to be back on team discraft- their website has something alluding to it.
It would make sense. I heard that in '05 Cam thought about Monday qualifying for USDGC and Discraft basically called the USDGC guys and said Cam had an open check, that he could try to qualify as many times as he needed to and Discraft would pay for it. He ended up not doing it, but it sounded like Discraft was still supporting him at that point.

For a player of his caliber, Innova and Discraft are really the only companies that could support him. From what I understood, he burned some bridges when he left Innova so Discraft may be his only option.

Latest posts