• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Camp Sankanac In Eastern Pennsylvania

All GUNKed up

Par Member
Just to let everyone know there is a great course now open to the public on a limited basis out near Boyertown, PA. It is called Camp Sankanac. It has been in the ground for about 5 years and designed by Pastor Jeff Scholl. Through the help of Jeff LaGrassa some of the holes were tweaked and what they have there is a course that i would compare to Jordan Creek in Whitehall. It plays about 7300 feet and a pro par of 60. It showcases the creek that runs through it with uphill, downhill, open and wooded holes. Camp Sankanac is a childrens christian campground that happens to have disc golf course on it. The camp director has generously agreed to open the disc golf course to the public for the first time. As of now the course is free to play however in the future they will build a kiosk with a donation box. They will ask for a 3 dollar donation which will help to maintain the course. This will only be a donation and not a requirement to play. You can play this course from labor day until memorial day. The course is open on monday through friday 9 am to 4 pm. It is open on sundays from 11 am to 5 pm. All disc golfers must be finished with their round no later than 5 pm on sundays and 4 pm on the weekdays. The course will be CLOSED on saturdays. Please go to this website to read a little about camp sankanac and the general disc golf rules there. http://campsankanac.org/disc-golf.html
Please do not litter on the course , dont use foul language and no drugs or alcohol will be permitted on the property.
The course was added to disc golf course review dot com . If you play the course and you would like to write your own review please do so. The link for camp sankanac on disc golf course review is here. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4186
As of now it is not mandatory that you call ahead to play the course however they would like to know how many people are out using it. You can call ahead just to let them know if you plan on going there or just to say thank you for opening it to the public. Their number is 610-469-6320. The course address is 68 Bertolet School , Spring City, PA, 19475. Just park in the lot and the first hole is at the far end of the lot . The hole goes over the creek and the road is not out of bounds .
Several photos of the course have been added and a review of the course was written by the LaGrassa.
They will be having a tournament there on November 27 and the best T.D. in Pennnsylvania Mike Solt will be running it.

Actually just to be on the safe side If you want to play it i would call in advance because sometimes the property will be closed without notice during hunting season because there is a guy that maintains the property and is a hunter and hunters and golfers = safety issue.

Yep got out there to play on Sunday - updated the hole info, uploaded a bunch of pics too and will get a review up here soon. Very fun course, great secluded location and I highly encourage other area DGers to do check it out. You will NOT be disappointed! Just remember to contact the Camp and let 'em know you'll be out there.

It is one of the most beautiful and challenging and interesting courses i have ever played. everyone will enjoy it. This course requires the utmost respect from its visitors. to see it closed off to the public would be a travesty.

It will be a few days until I can write a review of Camp S, but for now I can definitely say go out of your way to play this gem of a course. Print a map or you'll be sorry. Loved playing it today! 4.25 stars now.

The course is beautiful, challenging......

Please be aware of course rules (no alcohol/drugs). It is on a private christian camp and I think the request is very fair and it is very disrespectul and rude to go against them. Being on this beautiful private property is well worth following the rules and a suggested donation of $3.

This course is amazing. I'm thrilled to have it so close to me. (Also, although not mentioned, they don't allow smoking either, so please keep that in mind)
The pictures don't do it justice. Some VERY impressive visuals on this challenging course, and you get a little workout while doing it too with all of the up/down hill action. I think this course trumps French Creek state park easily. French Creek is almost too dense with trees and a black hole for discs.
I got out the other day to play it and only got about 8 holes in before rain pulled us off. There probably wont be much action until spring again with the temps, but once its back open and warm again, if you live within reasonable distance, you really should check this course out.

I really enjoyed playing there. Was a great cap to almost deuce 18 from 250' out, but settled for the park job. Kinda stinks that it isn't open in the summer, but definitely understandable.

I am sad to report the news that Camp Director Jan Coudriet passed on today.

He served as Camp Director of Camp Sankanac for over 25 years and was a full time missionary working for BCM International. Without Jan's overwhelming enthusiasm towards disc golf every step of the way, the course would never have been possible. We celebrate his life and mourn his passing.

I am sad to report the news that Camp Director Jan Coudriet passed on today.

He served as Camp Director of Camp Sankanac for over 25 years and was a full time missionary working for BCM International. Without Jan's overwhelming enthusiasm towards disc golf every step of the way, the course would never have been possible. We celebrate his life and mourn his passing.

Damn man. RIP.

Latest posts