• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can a TD require proof of vaccination?

This. In this country, mandating vaccinations for things like tournaments shouldn't happen. There could be all kinds of claims of exception. Religious, medical....

IMO, it will be well into 2022 before enough of the population has had access to the vaccine to even have this discussion.

I disagree. When my life is threatened by your exercising your freedoms....F#$! Y*$ Put your mask on, get vaccinated and shut your face.

I disagree. When my life is threatened by your exercising your freedoms....F#$! Y*$ Put your mask on, get vaccinated and shut your face.

At this point, "get vaccinated" is not a choice for most disc golfers. I think it will be into the 2022 golf season, before we stand at the "everyone who wants to get vaccinated, has been".

I am not sure if at that point mandating vaccination proof is important. Once we are to the point, where everyone that wants a vaccine, has had one, I am not too concerned with who is left. If people choose to not get a vaccine, I no longer feel the need take it on as my responsibility to protect them. Don't get me wrong I will likely wear a mask, distance and be cautious for the foreseeable future.

So, I stand by my take. Let's wait until everyone has had the chance to get vaccinated and then have this disc golf discussion. It is a long road to get there.

At the current rate, we are on pace to get everyone a chance to be vaccinated some time in 2024. Forecast, which assumes that we suddenly start performing on schedule with no regard to past performance (something that historically hasn't happened with government projects), has slipped to Q1 2023.

I've been reading about proof of vaccination being required for things like flying on planes and attending schools. I was wondering if there is any way under the current rules for a TD to require proof of vaccination to participate in a sanctioned tournament. Maybe as an X Tier "invitational" classification? Any known plans for such measures?

the county/state health departments have set guidelines for how many people can gather for events both indoors and outdoors. I think as long as those rules are being followed, then there should be no proof of vaccination required. Playing in a disc golf tournament isn't really in the same category as flying or going to school.

I just got my first vaccine. I did indeed receive a card. I don't know if this was a local, hospital system or universal thing.

Everyone has vaccination cards in their medical records. I don't think issuing an extra is really that difficult

Last edited:
lol masks and social distancing forever. Even if everyone is vaccinated. Yay new normal

See, I am not sure. Let me preface my statement by saying, my new normal will likely include an awareness of distance and judicious mask use, in high risk environments.

This may sound bad, but once a point has been reached, where everyone that WANTS a vaccination has had the opportunity, I no longer feel it is part of my job to protect anyone.

lol masks and social distancing forever. Even if everyone is vaccinated. Yay new normal

I'm also very doubtful that always masking and distancing is going to be normal.

Now that we know how to make a vaccine for a coronavirus, it's most likely going to end up being a seasonal dose like for influenza. As for the masks, they've been normalized more, so people will just be able to throw them on whenever they are feeling bad or if there's any further outbreaks.

Things won't be 'like the good old days' but we'll get back to normal - and smarter than before from learning what we have been able to during this pandemic. (at least those that chose to learn something from it) Tournaments will be back on the schedule and we'll have full fields and players parties again in no time.

Also - this is drifting off the original topic and would have been much more fitting for a different thread. Apologies.

I'm surprised that a disc golf tournament would be equipped to read the microchip that was implanted with the "vaccine"

It's 5G, they can ping it with any latest generation smartphone

I was of the understanding that disc golfers spent all of their money on pot and keen shoes, and they wouldn't be able to afford much more than a second hand iphone 5

I was of the understanding that disc golfers spent all of their money on pot and keen shoes, and they wouldn't be able to afford much more than a second hand iphone 5

Topic drift, but I still rock an iPhone 4.

Latest posts