• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can an AM player win $ then play AM again?

glassila

Double Eagle Member
I was told that if a player plays MPO or FPO then they cannot play Am in the future. Is this true?
I was told that if a player plays MPO or FPO and wins money then they cannot play Am in the future. Is this true?

A player who accepts cash in MPO or FPO attains Pro status in the PDGA. They may not enter Amateur Majors again unless in some future year they petition the PDGA to return to amateur status. However, Am or Pro players who cash in any Pro division may play in am divisions they qualify for if their rating is low enough and are age appropriate per the Division, rating, points table on the PDGA site.

Thanks for that chart.

Another question, if an Am player wins money from an Ace Pool, CTP, etc. does that affect their Am status?

I may have known an Am that played in a pro division in a sanctioned event and cashed. He didn't realize it would change his status so basically he declined to take the payout and kept his Am status.

Latest posts