• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Can anyone help me find a duplicate?? Or something similar :)

RedHotCujo

So I bought this disc from a vendor when the worlds were in Kalamazoo.
It's a First Run Starfire but I can't seem to find any starfires like it.
Can anyone ID the plastic because it doesnt quite seem to be champion or star.

Its one of my favorites and has lost too much stability now so it needs
replaced :(

please help me find another!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 126
It looks like an older blend of Champ. The initial Starfire mold has been discontinued. It was only ever sold as a CFR, IIRC. You'll have to really shop around to find more.

Now they have the Starfire-X and Starfire-L (SL). Your best bet will be to either throw Starfire-X's and break them in or find something that's between those two. My favorites are the Avenger and OLF. Many people really like the PD, too. I just haven't thrown one.

S-PD! Get something around 166-172 grams. They have a really similar flight to a Starfire. The C-PDs feel awesome and are awesome but they are more overstable.

i own a pearly starfire that is unlike any of the others ive throw. in fact its the only starfire that remains.

I found one of these a few years ago. The stamp was long gone, so it was decorated with an original Starfire interpretation. :)

7708240206_6eeb5f19cb_m.jpg

I hate Starfires, they do nothing for me, but I kept this one, because, its, um, different than any other Champion plastic disc I have ever felt.
There are many plastic blends that Innova has passed off as Champion in 12 years, they are all slightly different, but none are like this old Starfire.

Its kinda rubbery, and buttery, and grippy. Not like regular slick Champ stuff.

I would trade it if I ever found ANY other disc that felt the same, especially if it was an Innova mold that I threw.

I have another old Champ Starfire thats candy yellow and its completely different.

This plastic, in newer more high speed drivers would be insanely good.

But, like your realizing, these were strange and unusual, and you're probably not going to find anything newer that feels the same. :(

yeah starfire X is what you want. i think u can still find them in the marketplace just need to be careful that they are made before 2006-2007.

i'll find the info on the molds at the swedish database.

The Champion Starfire was held back from normal production for a few years as a fund-raiser only. By the time it was released to the general public in the end of 2005, it was old news. Very fast with good glide. Abbreviation mark on the bottom SF. First version came out in the spring of 2003. Retooled (X-type) in the summer of 2004, the rim is bit more concave than on the original version. Holds the line better according to Innova. A third version SL, which is less stable than the standard version came out spring 2005. The SL-mold is also used in the Pro Starfire. Champion SFL is still just available as a fundraiser.

info from here

http://discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc_eng.aspx?DiscId=1992

Latest posts