• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can your six year old......

Hippy

Birdie Member
Shoot 81!!!!!MIne did!! He comes with me every weekend to our local handicap!!!! He is trying to establish!!!! The kid loves to play!!!! He always plays but never finishes all 18!! He gets tired or sidetracked!! But for the last 3 weeks he has played every hole!! Because he "is in the tournament"!!!! he has to finish!!!His goal is to shoot at least 80!!! 25 is max handicap you can have!!! his first round was 88, then 89 , now 81!!!! funny thing is , that he beat an adult this weekend!!!! Gotta love it!!!!!

My 3 year old comes with us also!!!! Makes the whole round!!! What a trooper!!!! Spends lots of time on my shoulders between shots and holes!! But that is what Dads are supposed to do!!!!!

Nice!!!!!! You must be proud!!!!!!! :)

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pffft, my 6 year old, who doesn't exist yet, can rewire an '86 F150 :cool:

that's awesome though! you can tell that you're pumped by the volume of "!!!!"s :)

Sounds like a great time. Can't wait for my daughter to get old enough to toss a mini, that will be my gift for her 1st b-day.

My six year old just turned seven. He throws flick only. He is deadly to about 150'. He loves to get par on 300' holes and it's amazing how many pars he's been hitting recently. He has never finished a full 18 holes. He just gets bored with it after a while. He would rather pick up a stick and shoot bad guys and throw rocks into the creek and stuff. I took him and his eleven year old sister to a little technical 9 holer one Saturday morning and he beat her by 5 strokes and she can throw a Roc 200'. The more he got ahead of her the worst she shot and the better he shot. She cried like a baby and he will never let her live it down.

I take my G/F's seven year old with me. He loves it too, but I too can only get him to play 9 holes before he wants to play in the park. He does pretty good, I bought him his own bag and discs. He always wants to tee off with his 100 gram Polecat. Do you teach your son technique or just let him wing it for the most part?

I'm just letting him wing it for now. It's amazing what they pick up just from watching though.

Cool!!!I hope my kid gets the bug for disc golf as well!!!!!! I couldn't think of a more enjoyable day than playing with him!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:
I have been taking my daughter with me since she was 6, she is now 13 and she can beat a few of the guys I play with. I am just dreading the day when she beats me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When she does I know I will never hear the end of it. One other thing is how eerie it is that I can hand her any disc she has never seen before and she can tell me the weight without looking.

My 6 year old likes practice putting with me. She is deadly from 10' in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts