• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cannon vs Rampage

araytx

* Ace Member *
Can someone who has both please post for me a side view (profile) picture of them side by side. I am trying to understand (and see) the difference between the two.

Thanks.

On their way, but for now think of them as "X" and "L" molds, like Innova does with the Eagle for instance.

/grabs camera

Which one is the X and which one is the L? All mine are first run Icons, and for these it really depends on the color of the plastic on how it behaves. My Lime Cannon, is waaaay more overstable than my Blue Rampage, but my Blue Cannon is almost as flippy as a worn in katana.

Sorry, Reddit got me:) I had a hard time taking good ones, here's the best two.

Rampage = red, Cannon = blue
7755700790_3eb14be07d_z.jpg

7755705224_c2cdc7368d_z.jpg

MORE NOT SO GREAT ONES HERE!

Also, first run Rampages were Pinnacle even if they look Icon, however first run Cannons were Icon.

Their manufacturer ratings, which are close to Innova's because they are ex-Innova guys, imply that the Canon is a modified Boss and the Rampage is a modified Destroyer. I have a few Canons; the fly similar to a beat Star Boss, so I am guessing their ratings are fairly accurate, at least their speed and fade ratings. I would not give the Canon a -3 turn. Either way, they rate the Rampage with a -1 turn, which again kind of implies the differences between the Boss and Destroyer.

Their manufacturer ratings, which are close to Innova's because they are ex-Innova guys, imply that the Canon is a modified Boss and the Rampage is a modified Destroyer. I have a few Canons; the fly similar to a beat Star Boss, so I am guessing their ratings are fairly accurate, at least their speed and fade ratings. I would not give the Canon a -3 turn. Either way, they rate the Rampage with a -1 turn, which again kind of implies the differences between the Boss and Destroyer.

Where in the world did you get that from? Also, both the Boss AND the Destroyer are -1 turn...their difference is speed [rim width]:|

Where in the world did you get that from? Also, both the Boss AND the Destroyer are -1 turn...their difference is speed [rim width]:|

Legacy has their numbers on the discs. As for the Boss and Destroyers, their HSS are similar but I do not care what the numbers say, the Destroyer has more fade. I do not buy that the Canon is necessarily a -3 turn but i will accept that it might have more turn than the Rampage. As for the Canon and Rampage being compared to the Boss and Destroyer, they are just approximate comparisons for lack of anything else close in Innova's lineup to compare them to.

If I remember correctly, the Legacy crew are ex-Innova guys so I am hoping that it would be a logical guess that their early molds, the ones we are seeing now, are modified discs of existing molds, or at least modifications of what they did like about Innova discs before they left.

Wow, grip actually has some that look different. I cant tell most of mine apart. I have a yellow icon canon that's more overstable then my pinnacle rampages. I could swear it's a mis stamped rampage.

Legacy has their numbers on the discs. As for the Boss and Destroyers, their HSS are similar but I do not care what the numbers say, the Destroyer has more fade. I do not buy that the Canon is necessarily a -3 turn but i will accept that it might have more turn than the Rampage. As for the Canon and Rampage being compared to the Boss and Destroyer, they are just approximate comparisons for lack of anything else close in Innova's lineup to compare them to.

If I remember correctly, the Legacy crew are ex-Innova guys so I am hoping that it would be a logical guess that their early molds, the ones we are seeing now, are modified discs of existing molds, or at least modifications of what they did like about Innova discs before they left.

(for the bold) :hfive: I ****ing hate how everyone jerks off to flight numbers.

I mean the Cannon literally feels like the "L" bottom from Innova, I figured the feel and flight characteristics associated with that feel would be a better gauge than, "It's like a Katana, but not really...or like a Bolt, but not really...or like a Nuke, but not really . . ."

You say you don't care about flight ratings, then say it definitely doesn't fly like it has a turn of -3 lol<3 Not to mention you're referring to Innova's flight chart..

Wow, grip actually has some that look different. I cant tell most of mine apart. I have a yellow icon canon that's more overstable then my pinnacle rampages. I could swear it's a mis stamped rampage.

That's my last Cannon I have right now, but I have a bunch of Rampages if you want me to compare some or compare different ones to that blue Cannon. Also, sunlight would have really helped me take the picture, but mother nature wasn't thinking of this thread today lol

I've seen guys throw these discs about 550"+, they appeared to fly as the ratings say. Cannon had a lot of turn and a lot of fade and the rampage barely turned and faded hard.

The Destroyer originally was listed as a fade of 4. Innova changed the flight ratings without telling anyone. As to the Cannon and Rampage, the concept is that the Ramapge is somewhere between a Boss and a Nuke and the Cannon is somewhere between a Nuke and a Katana. The Cannons do come out more stable sometime, I'm not sure why. By feel, the Cannon's wing is pretty much flat on the bottom where the Rampage has a slight bit of concavity towards the inner rim.

You have no idea what you're talking about

You have no idea what you're talking about

Not the first, nor will it be the last time, that I have been accused of that.

However, after doing a little more research I still stand behind the essence of what I said. Short of talking to the Ricos directly, everything I have read and heard points to Legacy producing discs players should throw, not necessarily discs that are flashy and of the latest speed or gimmick craze.

Of the two Icon and two Pinnacle Canons I have, at my 380-400 power they very similar to beat Star Bosses. There is no way they are even close to Pro Katanas, maybe Champs if you torque the Canons a little, but i can see the resemblance to the Nuke.

A new Pinnacle Cannon SHOULD fly like a beat Star Boss. You're correct there. The Pinnacles came more stable than the Icons, I'm pretty darn sure Lion (or the Ricos) could attest to that.

A Protege Cannon would act like a Pro Katana, not a new Pinnacle:\

A Protege Cannon would act like a Pro Katana, not a new Pinnacle:\

Bah to this then. I really did not like the Pro Katana. I am very good about not flipping discs out to 400, but the Pro Katana would flip on me 7 out of 10 times.

When the Gravity and Protege Ghosts came in, I spent several minutes feeling them up before putting them away on the shelf. I really love my Icon Ghosts so I was looking forward to options to see what they can do. After feeling up these two plastics I knew the Grav and Pro are not for me. Right now I am rocking the Icon Ghost and Pinnacle Canon. I like the concept of pairing the Rampage with the Canon but my bag has that spot filled with a Gold Line Villain, something I have perfectly dialed in.

Never felt Gravity, or a Villain. Or a Ghost. Quite frankly, I've never touched a Protege Cannon, I just made the safe assumption based upon the flights of my Protege Rampages. <<< They're pretty damn flippy, you wouldn't believe it's a Rampage - I only use them for standstills where I need some serious low D, or tailwind bombers (both of which happened so rarely I don't carry them to my home course).

Agreed, bah...tired of this thread lol

Latest posts