• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Canton, OH Area

iacas

* Ace Member *
My brother-in-law, a mutual friend, and I are planning to get to the Canton area today at around 3:30 and have until 8:00 or 8:30 to play.

We're interested in Arboretum-Spiker and Deis Hill. To those familiar with the area, would you try to play one course (plus perhaps play again) or would you try to play both in one day? If one course, which one, and if both, in what order? Which is the "easier" course for the beginner friend to get a little loosened up (and, frankly, for us to get loosened up! :D).

It's a 2.5 hour drive or so from Erie, and it'll be our first time playing either course (or both). We have a beginner with us but one who is athletic and will not be mad if he sucks (well he'll be mad, but he won't hate the sport because of it - he'll just be mad that we beat him).

A-S. is the easier course for the non-pro players. Note: You must cross a road twice to get to the next hole. Print a map if you can. Deis is very long in places (but more open).

We ended up playing A-S and then going to DH. 4pm and 7pm "tee off" times.

As a general rule we enjoyed A-S more. DH had a few too many holes that were either "pretty much wide open" or "trees everywhere." A little more variety would have been nice.

I felt like A-S made pretty good use of the trees, bushes, ponds, etc. that it had. It mixed open aspects with trees on the same holes for different shots.

And 17 at DH is a dumb hole. I don't know who can throw a 430' shot that doesn't wander more than four or five feet from a center line. :D

My scores are posted here. It's not like I played poorly (for me).

My Brother-in-Law Brandon lost a bright lime-ish green Avenger on the left side of #22 at A-S. It has his name and phone number on it - if someone finds it, please call. He'll reimburse you for the shipping I'm sure.

We found a Roc on the first hole in the weeds at A-S, too. We tried every variation of the phone number that we could think of (330 area code) and all were rejected as unavailable numbers. It had a skull on the top. We told the newbie friend we were with that having made every effort to contact everyone, it was likely his. So that's his first owned disc now, unless someone magically pays their bill or gets their old phone number back or something and calls him. :)

Latest posts