• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Car vs disc

a.harwell

I was playing at Frank Liske Park earlier. The conditions were great, there were few golfers on course, and the traffic on the road was very light. My first shot on #1 drifted and landed on the side of the road. On the way to retrieve it, along comes this guy in a Lexus whom runs right over my disc! I was pissed! Surprisingly it did little visible damage to the Beast disc though. The disc was white and there is no way he couldn't have seen it laying there.

I was playing at Frank Liske Park earlier. The conditions were great, there were few golfers on course, and the traffic on the road was very light. My first shot on #1 drifted and landed on the side of the road. On the way to retrieve it, along comes this guy in a Lexus whom runs right over my disc! I was pissed! Surprisingly it did little visible damage to the Beast disc though. The disc was white and there is no way he couldn't have seen it laying there.

I'd be surprised if he did see it. Most people are oblivious when they drive. I can't tell you how many times I've seen cars get hit with discs and the drivers don't even blink an eye. Lots of discs get run over too.

I was not having the best game and I kept wondering if my disc was ****ed or if my throwing was a little off. I eventually found my shot and had a decent game.

while it can be frustrating, at least you didn't hit a moving car.
a disc can do more damage to a car, $ wise, than the other way around.

My Colt got run over once, no fault of the driver really, and it left a beautiful tire track on it. I almost retired the disc because it looked so epic, but ended up just throwing it, and the track has now faded.

Discs are tough enough to get run over, many times.

I doubt he saw it, most people's instinct is to avoid running things over with their cars. I've had a disc run over and it caused no damage.

Had a DX Archangel get run over by a minivan once back when I first started playing. It didn't seem to hurt it any... at least not that I could tell with the way I played at the time. :p

Had pro d buzz get ran over- over 3 times. And that plastic is horrible compared to most. It still had its usual stability. Just gotta carry on and play on.

Cept when my old aviar got smashed by a city bus. That thrashed the disc and was unplayable. However cars, SUVs, trucks, ect, are whatever to me now.

One time, on hole 4 at Central, I made the mistake of trusting my Champion Tern into a right-to-left crosswind. It turned into a roller and careened onto 85th Ave. I ran it down, just in time to see it get ran over by a Chevy Tahoe, a Chrysler PT Cruiser, and some jackhole in a riced out Honda Civic, who switched lanes just so he could run over my Tern. Talk about a bad day. The Tern was no worse for wear, I still throw that Tern as a night beater hahahaha.

Pretty sure that a $10 plastic disc is far down the list of things to swerve to avoid hitting. Other factors could be the speed they were traveling and whether there was room to avoid the disc without hitting the curb or crossing into oncoming traffic.

I'm usually really good at avoiding potholes/roadkill/etc in the road but I ran something over this morning and attributed it to the fact that I was approaching a tricky intersection and was more concerned about other cars than the road itself.

. On the way to retrieve it, along comes this guy in a Lexus whom runs right over my disc! I was pissed!

You threw a disc completely out of the park and you were pissed? LOL

You should be happy no damage was done to anyone else's person or property instead of worrying about your $10 hunk of plastic.

Had a disc roll away into the road a couple weeks ago. Disc was still circling when a civic ran it over. It got caught up under the car for about 15' and when it came loose there was oil on it. Cleaned it off and it still trows fine.

You should be happy no damage was done to anyone else's person or property instead of worrying about your $10 hunk of plastic.

This. Don't throw discs in the road. If you do, realize it was your fault for doing so and only be pissed at yourself, or marginally upset would like be more accurate.

If I throw into a road and my disc gets run over...well, I figure I got what I deserved for throwing such a bad shot. Luckily, most discs (especially in premium plastic) can get run over without damaging them too badly.

My home course is next to the Baltimore Zoo and their employee access road goes by the course. Some of those employees really don't like disc golf and will actually swerve to run over a disc if they see it.

I've had a few discs get run over, I'm normally thankful said throw didn't hit the car or the cars window! Damage to my disc is normally an afterthought. Too bad it doesn't flatten the disc, otherwise I wouldn't have to search so hard for flattop KC Pro Rocs or Firebirds!

I remember playing the Bowling Green Am Champs back in 2012. It was one of my first ever pdga tournament (first A Tier). On Friday, we played what is now SKYCTC. About mid way through the round, one of the guys on the card in front of us threw his disc into a MOVING maintenance truck. About 5 of us chased down this truck to get his disc back. Arguably the funniest thing I've ever seen during a tournament. Obviously, a penalty stroke was taken, but at least he didn't lose a disc mid way through round 1.

No. The road is in the park. It runs beside the hole.

The speed limit is 15 mph.

Latest posts