• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Carolina Clash smaller this year?

clash

Read this on the charlotte clubs carolina clash discusion forum. Still doesnt say what divisions play in which pools though. I sent the td an email 3 days ago and still not heard a peep. Need to know what pools play where so i can see what division i need to play.

As of today (Saturday, Apr 13) there were 91 pre-regs;*initial courses plans targeted 288. Ho-Nest definitely in (host course); Kilborne out; others (Bradford, Sugaw)--who knows. If registration kicks up, we'll need 3 courses, if not two (also*depends*on the divisional breakdowns). All want to*accommodate*everyone when possible. Pre-reg info helps planning*logistics; can't effectively run 4 courses with 25 players on each.

Hate I'm gonna miss the clash again this year. :/

– Ams at Hornet's Nest, Sugaw Creek

– Pros at Bradford, Hornet's Nest

Your decision on which division to play should be based on current skill level/player rating.

Rec is for players under 900, Intermediate under 935, Advanced above 935.

clash

– Ams at Hornet's Nest, Sugaw Creek

– Pros at Bradford, Hornet's Nest

Your decision on which division to play should be based on current skill level/player rating.

Rec is for players under 900, Intermediate under 935, Advanced above 935.

Thanks for info. Im rated a meager 877 so i can play rec. Thats what i signed up for but i would be more inclined to play intermediate. But if ams are in same pool i will prob move up. Was a transportation issue before. Thanks for info.

probably hornets nest. Pros finish at Hornets on Saturday, so I'd assume ams get two rounds there.

guessing two at sugaw saturday then final round at hornet's? or what matt said.

kilborne...i'll miss you. you're great.

Baseless speculation:

Pros and Advanced play Bradford Long x 2 on Saturday and Nest on Sunday.
Women, Inter and Rec play Nest x 2 on Saturday and Bradford Short on Sunday.

This way they only have to proctor two courses (Bradford and Nest). I'd much rather play Bradford than Sugah as a Intermediate player.

I'm not sure if the tourney has enough registered for 3 courses, but Ox said pros and Bradford and Hos nest and Amatuer at Hos nest and Sugaw. I don't think ams will play Bradford. I'm assuming that ma1 will play Sugaw twice on sat and once on Sunday. But the more I think about it, that prolly won't work cause the pros will prolly play 2 rounds at Bradford on sat and 1 round at Hos nest Sunday. Maybe the ams play Hos nest sat and Sugaw sat and Sunday. I guess we will have to wait until the TD and club post it.

Just spoke with Burro. All course assignments and scheduling is still tentative and subject to change.

Clash

I'm not sure if the tourney has enough registered for 3 courses, but Ox said pros and Bradford and Hos nest and Amatuer at Hos nest and Sugaw. I don't think ams will play Bradford. I'm assuming that ma1 will play Sugaw twice on sat and once on Sunday. But the more I think about it, that prolly won't work cause the pros will prolly play 2 rounds at Bradford on sat and 1 round at Hos nest Sunday. Maybe the ams play Hos nest sat and Sugaw sat and Sunday. I guess we will have to wait until the TD and club post it.

I'll take a guess and say pros play Bradford long X2 on Saturday and H. Nest on Sunday. Ams H. Nest X2 Saturday and Saugaw on Sunday. I only say that because H. Nest is home course and most tournaments give preference to pro divisions. If pros play H. Nest on Sunday then they will not have to travel back for awards they will already be there.

Whos the TD? Rusco? Has anyone actually talked to him yet? Theres alot of speculation and not enough facts. Why isn't the game plan for X number of players/X number of pools/ course assignments posted by the TD?
All I know is I'm waiting to find out what all courses MA2 and 3 are playing as we are car pooling down and I know for a fact we arn't going to want to sign up if we have to play Sugaw x2. That's just lame.
And yes I am being critical as I've run several tournaments that had 3 courses running at the same time and had a game plan for how many pools dependent to the number of players...aaaaaand they got to play all of the courses.

/rant

hope to see you all there!

I'm thinking of signing up for rec i really don't want to play sugaw i would much rather play kilborne if at all possible and i am also car pooling with a few people. I hope everything gets resolved soon so we can make our decision to sign up.

MA1 is playing 2rds Brandford long on Sat, 1 rd at Ho's Nest on Sunday

^this. Also just to let everyone know, no one is playing the natural long tees on hole 1 & 3. Also the long tees in the road on holes 12 and 16 will not be used

Thanks to Dynamic Discs for putting on a great tournament. Bought some new DD discs after they let us test throw a bunch of their discs. Really cool they did that. Always nice to have them come to our town.

Latest posts