• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cart Project

No noise from the bottom shelf at all. I'm probably going to invest in some rubber tool box liners for each of the shelves to keep the wear and noise down.

The only noise I heard was from the 3/4" seat pole moving in the 1" flag pole bracket. I'm thinking about finding a plastic bushing to make it fit better.

Just a thought, rubber or silicon bushings might work out better for noise reduction. Also if you put an ice chest on the bottom, think about the soft-sided coolers with the flip-top opening so you dont have to unzip it each time also they will make less noise than the hard plastic coolers

Finally got to the course for a test ride with it this morning. Was just a casual round, and the weather was overcast and mild, so I didn't use a cooler.

Made a couple of changes to the bag shelf. Added heavier bungees to ensure that I had a secure load, and placed a tool box drawer liner to keep bottom of bag from wearing against the wire. I am also planning on putting liner on bottom shelf, but have to decide how I'm going to attach...have some ideas, but not sure yet.

Overall, very satisfied with this setup.

Pros:
1. Seat worked better than expected...the height was just right. While not solid as a rock, there was very little wobble.
2. Having the bag at waist level was nice...no bending over to pick up and set down....except for picking up discs.
3. The accessory basket behind the bag basket worked well for my minis and talc bags.

Cons:
1. While the seat worked well, it does need a little tweaking to make it more steady. Maybe the bushing I mentioned in the prior post will make it more steady.

Loaded+1+copy.jpg

loaded2+copy.jpg

Where did you get your umbrella mount? My cart has the same frame but different tires and I'm trying to figure out how to rig one up on my cart.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the umbrella holder. I attached the same one to my cart which came from a similar stroller. I found that on course it bounces around uncontrollably. I never found a good way to connect it. Any ideas?

Well done!

I really like what you have done with this cart. I bought a used jogging stroller similar in design to yours about six months ago and I was thinking of doing something with the seat just like you've done. I'm planning on using a different type of seat but the concept you've employed as far as the seat retracting is exactly what I'm going for. Thanks for sharing your creation.

The cart looks good! How is the seat attached?

Go to the second photo in the original post. I used a metal flag pole holder...ran the seat pole through it...and used a pipe flange with a rubber bungee attached to allow the seat to lower when weight is applied.

I really like what you have done with this cart. I bought a used jogging stroller similar in design to yours about six months ago and I was thinking of doing something with the seat just like you've done. I'm planning on using a different type of seat but the concept you've employed as far as the seat retracting is exactly what I'm going for. Thanks for sharing your creation.

Keep me posted on the type of seat that you use....I open for improvements.