• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Carts – future or fad

True. However the guy with only four discs will know what each of those discs do for him and will probably execute any given shot better imo than the 20+ disc guy.

Confuscious say "fear not man who throw 1000 discs one time, fear man who throw one disc 1000 times".

I never subscribed to this thought. The one punch 1000 times is also garbage delivered by a martial arts charlatan.

Mold minimization will make you better in the long run because it forces you to expand your skills to compensate for the lack of proper tools. It is like weight training. But to say that by artificially depriving yourself of tools will make you better for that round is laughable.

I never subscribed to this thought. The one punch 1000 times is also garbage delivered by a martial arts charlatan.

Mold minimization will make you better in the long run because it forces you to expand your skills to compensate for the lack of proper tools. It is like weight training. But to say that by artificially depriving yourself of tools will make you better for that round is laughable.

Ok so two things.
1. It's a joke, not a dick, don't take it so hard.
2. I'm sure what you say is true for a certain level of player, but for most of us who play a beer'n'weed league, fun rounds, and a couple tourneys a year, we're better off using our limited practice and playing time getting better with a few core molds. Shoot even The Champ, what percent of his throws do you think were the core molds Aviar, Roc, Teebird? Like 75+?

Ok so two things.
1. It's a joke, not a dick, don't take it so hard.
2. I'm sure what you say is true for a certain level of player, but for most of us who play a beer'n'weed league, fun rounds, and a couple tourneys a year, we're better off using our limited practice and playing time getting better with a few core molds. Shoot even The Champ, what percent of his throws do you think were the core molds Aviar, Roc, Teebird? Like 75+?

Lol, I respect the edgelord nature of this post. Don't worry m8, I didn't take it hard :thmbup:

As for the beer league guys, I would say having a complete set of shots covered via molds would be exactly what you need given the lack of practice time.

And it´s SUPER boring to practice with just one or a few disc. .
Throw. . go and get the disc. . throw and go. . and so on

if i have 3-5 of the same disc in the bag i can get SOOOO many more practice throws in

Right but...I don't need 11 wizards in my bag playing any round, much less a casual one.

True. However the guy with only four discs will know what each of those discs do for him and will probably execute any given shot better imo than the 20+ disc guy.

Learning what a certain mold does, is easier done when you haul around duplicate molds. And even if that's not the case, that rec player can work on his form issues with various molds as long as he's not going from a Birdie one throw, to Monster the next.

Playing dubs, I'll take that enthusiastic new player with a cart full of fresh plastic, over a three disc carrying sasquatch, on most days.

I can see carts for old/injured guys and for tourneys where you need outerwear, snacks, drinks, etc for a full day but for a casual round or even a league night I just can't envision wanting to drag that around vs. an over the shoulder bag. To each their own.

For me, carts are great for exactly one thing: a place to sit. So if I don't anticipate needing to sit down, I would never use a cart. On the other hand, if I were playing a lot of packed tournaments I would buy a cart to effectively use as a rolling lawn chair.

For me, carts are great for exactly one thing: a place to sit. So if I don't anticipate needing to sit down, I would never use a cart. On the other hand, if I were playing a lot of packed tournaments I would buy a cart to effectively use as a rolling lawn chair.

Why not pack a stool like all the cool kids?

We should start a bad back club.

Two broken collar bones, cracked ribs in my upper back and all the bursae sacs being blown out of my left shoulder blade should get me into this club. Luckily its all on my left side.

I just started using a backpack for mountain courses, after I once said I'd never use more than a shoulder bag, so maybe a cart is in my future.

The bad knee club would be up for a challenge.

I am in the minor bad shoulder club then.

I still need to convert what I have into a backpack ability Cart, it is a fishing backpack with seat currently. I have the handle from an old metal broom, now I need a way to attach the handle and have it swivel or come off when done, and then buy and put on some training wheels made more for gravel roads, then finally put on some kind of posts in the front. It would help with my shoulder and in really bad parts of a course those few holes that some seem to have, I could backpack the cart.

I have the same thought. Since i don't play many tournaments, I choose not to waste garage space on a cart and I just sit on the ground at tourneys.

I have the same thought. Since i don't play many tournaments, I choose not to waste garage space on a cart and I just sit on the ground at tourneys.

That is what I thought but I bring or used to bring a stool for tournaments. Now with my modified fishing seat with built in backpack, I no longer have to worry about leaving the stool which I did at a tournament that had the small burrs so bad that the socks I had for the tournament went in the garbage after, Clash at the Corn Palace in 2008. I was playing with a group and left stool at one hole and had to run back to get it electing to tee of last due to my problem. Now I have a stool all the time not having to worry about needing a stool if I ever play in a large group or need to wait for some reason on vacation.

Carts are taking over our group. I hate using them. I do not even feel my Upper Park once on my back. Carts are just something I do not get, especially the pull kind. To each his own.

Love my UP Rebel! So comfortable. However, one of my regular playing partners has a Zuca and he swears by it. As you say, each to his own.

I think the market will continue to grow. Disc Golf growth really accelerated in the 2000's. A lot of those players (like me) are now old enough to feel that bag getting pretty heavy through a full day of tourney play.

Plus: the quality of carts has gotten way higher, and there's not really any stigma attached to it anymore. I think it used to be an exclusively old guy thing so there was a hesitation for people to get one. Now they're everywhere.

I still don't have one, but I could see getting one in a few years especially for long league and tourney rounds.

I think the market will continue to grow. Disc Golf growth really accelerated in the 2000's. A lot of those players (like me) are now old enough to feel that bag getting pretty heavy through a full day of tourney play.

Plus: the quality of carts has gotten way higher, and there's not really any stigma attached to it anymore. I think it used to be an exclusively old guy thing so there was a hesitation for people to get one. Now they're everywhere.

I still don't have one, but I could see getting one in a few years especially for long league and tourney rounds.

Part of that is Pro players like Ricky using carts when sponsored by Innova when better carts came out in 2010's and the Dynamic Disc carts as well as then other pro's on the Dynamic disc /Latitude 64 teams to show that even younger players can use a cart and it is not a weakness. Also seeing cart styles get better so nobody has to have the stigma of using a homemade cart or that odd Gotta Go Gotta Throw thing.

Me too, but I usually carry only 8-14 discs for casual rounds compared to 20-22 for tournaments. I also don't carry many accessories for casual rounds. Finally, I am chasing a 2 year old around the course for a lot of my solo rounds, and it is much easier to use a bag for that.

That being said, I love my cart for competitive rounds

I hear ya. i carry the same amount for either, maybe 1 more specialty disc depending on the course (ie. roller, thumber, super understable, extra throwing putter)