• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Carts – future or fad

I will admit that very little resistance from a course can cause me to leave the cart at home - if it's my first time at a course, or if I know the fairways are rough, I'll just backpack it no problem.

I use carts roughly 50% of the time. It really is course dependent as well as motivation guided. If the course makes no sense for carts then it is out. If it is good for carts then carts it is...unless I want to play really fast. Bags are a winter and fast practice round thing. I can only imagine that cart use will expand, there really is very little downside in most of the country.

I use carts roughly 50% of the time. It really is course dependent as well as motivation guided. If the course makes no sense for carts then it is out. If it is good for carts then carts it is...unless I want to play really fast. Bags are a winter and fast practice round thing. I can only imagine that cart use will expand, there really is very little downside in most of the country.

I also See something like the current seat built in bags the GB and the old Knock off Bagalane Model are like but have wheels on the backpack built in when bought but in such a way they will not interfere with the backpack function during use though one might have to use both straps when in backpack use. This style would be so some carts can be used on courses where almost the whole course is cart friendly minus a few holes that a cart will never work on with pulling/pushing as the ground will not allow for a cart to work. The pull strap would be like a fabric item or one that telescopes in so as to not interfere with course potentially when the use as a backpack is needed. Currently right now the best you have is modify the GB and the old GB Knock off Bagalane Model seated backpack to have wheels and work as a cart right now as well as like a backpack.

I can't be the only one excited to see mini carts coming into the fray. The Zuca compact is pretty ideal for someone like me that doesn't want to carry a lot of discs, but DOES want a place to sit and storage for drinks and doesn't particularly want to carry it all. Heck, it's even a good size to be picked up when necessary.

If they come out with a mini version of the transit cart I'm in trouble. I absolutely love that layout with the discs up high and the extra space down low.

There are some really cool cart designs out there now and they keep coming out with better and better options. I am really happy to see smaller carts though. That's an area I think was overlooked for a long time, and there are a lot of people who don't want to lug around 30 discs but do want a cart. Bravo Zuca, keep em coming!

I am old enough that I have both back and knee issues. I don't care whether you use a cart or a bag, if you are carrying 20 or more discs, they get heavy. The only thing that I see interesting in a cart for me at all would be the ability to sit whenever you need to. But for me, the ability to have that in a cart doesn't compensate for the extra weight you have to drag around the course. I will continue to control the weight by reducing number of discs carried and not packing drinks along other than a bottle of water.

Ive been using a cart since 2012. I see that the use of carts have increased and the number of lost stools have decreased.

I think that once we see more disc golf courses share ball golf courses we will see more companys like Rovic modifying their ball golf carts to carry disc golf bags.

I bought the original Ridge Roller (now Zuca) cart, now it's modified with foam tires, pvc rack, etc. I don't use the insert bag, gives me room to hold several water bottles in the back of the rack. Very small footprint compared to the wider Delta and modified Rovic carts I've seen. Regardless which Cart you use, it's a game changer when you play a tournament with 2 rounds in one day and each round takes 4-5 hours to finish.

Fractured my back as a kid and never knew it till years later when I had to have an MRI for some back issues. It was reccomended for me to get a fusion but I'm not ready to go that route yet. For me a cart allows me to sit down and take pressure off my back and put off having surgery. I do disc golf vacations where I can walk up to 15 to 20 miles per day playing and I can't do that with a bag anymore. I don't think it's a fad. I'd say carts are here to stay. Carts are also good for carrying extra snacks, drinks etc. To each their own though.

It seems carts are hear to stay, more so with the Mini Cart that a Disc manufacture came up with, MVP. It seems with the MVP cart, the Mini model from Zuca, these brands are making carts that are for more casual rounds/players and those who do not need the sitting that makes it feel as if the carts are hear to stay.

In the 2000's production carts were limited to a single cart made by Gotta Go Gotta throw and it felt as if carts were more for older players who were the most common seen using the Gotta Go Gotta Throw carts and other modified the older style golf cart things that you dragged behind you. Rarely did anyone think of a seat on a disc golf bag or cart. My dad has a stool made for fishing from Walmart that has side bags big enough to store discs in a small pouch he keeps his scorecard and pencils and the like, one open funnel shaped pouch that is made to hold a rod and the mesh sack that is big enough for a bottle of drink up to 20 OZ. He got that seat after we saw a person on vacation In Delaware at Cape Henlopen state Park in 2009 have one, we were travailing through to get home and stopped in at a Walmart to get food and he quick went and got the Stool. Now he has a quad system on the thing I got him from Infinite Disc last year to relive pressure on a shoulder, the Strap is still on as it was built to not be removed unless permanently removed.

Paige P have used a cart for the last years and loved it, but now she´s on Discraft/Grip EQ= no cart

Looks like Grips team is growing. . .so no Cart for those players

Contracts may prohibit it but I wouldn't be surprised if players are able to use carts produced by non-disc manufacturers. Similar to Ricky Wysocki.

Contracts may prohibit it but I wouldn't be surprised if players are able to use carts produced by non-disc manufacturers. Similar to Ricky Wysocki.

I think most of Innova players can use a cart..but many of Discrafts team players is sponsored by Grip EQ
I hope Grip will make a cart for the Grip bags

I think most of Innova players can use a cart..but many of Discrafts team players is sponsored by Grip EQ
I hope Grip will make a cart for the Grip bags

Thats mainly because of the contract Grip has with Discraft with the Discraft branded bags and all. I honestly don't think we will see a cart from Grip anytime soon. I think it would do well, but when they came into the game with backpacks they were the first and therefore got a lot of the market, but with Zuca, Dynamic, Ridge Roller, and now MVP, I think it would be difficult to bring cart in, especially with where it would have to be priced considering their AX bags are pushing 200, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it either.

Thats mainly because of the contract Grip has with Discraft with the Discraft branded bags and all. I honestly don't think we will see a cart from Grip anytime soon. I think it would do well, but when they came into the game with backpacks they were the first and therefore got a lot of the market, but with Zuca, Dynamic, Ridge Roller, and now MVP, I think it would be difficult to bring cart in, especially with where it would have to be priced considering their AX bags are pushing 200, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it either.

I don´t think Grip should make a "real" cart. .but that type of cart that could fit a Grip bag would be nice. . Seen BX bags in a "Dynamic Discs Backpack Cart" and that works fine. .so a Grip cart like that would be NICE

Grip and Pound bags may be expensive as far as Discgolf bags go. . but not really THAT much money for a nice bag.
Grip and Pound could make a $500-700 Cart and people would buy it

With colder weather I find my self using my cart set up, Mahal and Clicgear 3.5+, less. I dislike having to have a hand on the cart and not in a muff or pocket with a hand warmer, and not as much need for hydration. I pare my discs down to just the bare essentials and carry it in a gorilla boy spider monkey.

I finally broke down and bought a cart after years of fighting it. It's the only reasonable solution I could arrive at for carrying enough water to survive the southern heat. I fully expect my course bagging on long, flat courses and muti course outings to become much more spicy in the summer months to come.

Being able to carry plenty of hydration (and maybe some beer) is one nice thing about my cart. Stuffing two, 32oz water bottles and a six pack into my backpack isn't only very difficult but adds more weight than I would like.

Having extra space to stash jackets, hats, gloves, etc. is pretty nice too. Especially when it's twenty degrees warmer near the end of your round than when you started.

I finally broke down and bought a cart after years of fighting it. It's the only reasonable solution I could arrive at for carrying enough water to survive the southern heat. I fully expect my course bagging on long, flat courses and muti course outings to become much more spicy in the summer months to come.

Absolutely, that's why I got a cart in the first place. I'm in Dallas TX, where are you suffering at in the summer?