• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CE QJLS Sold for What?

If something's rare enough, and you MUST have it, you'll pay whatever it takes.

Is it really the "blueberry" part of it or is it that it is a mint condition run 1.1? The description says the color is "rare" (is that true or is it hype?) but perhaps the buyer was solely interested in getting it because of the 1.1 part. Who knows?

If something's rare enough, and you MUST have it, you'll pay whatever it takes.
And I have yet to yearn for any disc badly enough to even pay 10% of what that guy did.

But I didn't make his paycheck. He can spend it however he wishes.

Is it really the "blueberry" part of it or is it that it is a mint condition run 1.1? The description says the color is "rare" (is that true or is it hype?) but perhaps the buyer was solely interested in getting it because of the 1.1 part. Who knows?

I think the "blueberry" part of it is a huge contributing factor. That and the bidding war that took place for the disc. I have the same disc, but yellow instead, with the same rainbow stamp. Bought it in mint condition a year ago for $43. It's a beaut., but not a blueberry.

I knew a few guys that were after it, its an amazing piece of plastic! I would have thrown it haha but i can't afford that!

It's multiple factors. That color is rare, its not one of the "CE JLS" stamped ones, it's a 1.1, and its been properly stored so its relatively new. A lot of people don't give proper storage of these aged discs the credit it deserves, a lot of CE plastic is shattering these days because the discs have seen so many hot/cold cycles, UV light, and general wear & tear.

Not to mention the QJLS is probably the sweetest fairway driver compliment to a Teebird I've ever thrown. They're so money in the woods on tunnel shots.

But yeah, >$300 is still ridic.

the QJLS is probably the sweetest fairway driver compliment to a Teebird I've ever thrown. They're so money in the woods on tunnel shots.

But yeah, >$300 is still ridic.

Specially when the MVP crave is a old school CE QJLS clone for $15 in the same quality of plastic.

I get it for collecting but no way in hell are these CE discs worth that kind of money as throwers anymore when legacy and many others have replicas or even superior models and polymers.

Last edited:
Yeah... I'll never knock someone for the price they decide to pay for a disc, but I would probably have to pass a kidney stone if I decided to pay even half that.

I'm a big fan of the "used disc basket" at my local Play It Again Sports, and I've actually found a couple double-ringed Aviars and an original San Marino Roc.

I understand the CE-QJLS is brand new, but is it totally outrageous it got this high on eBay? I have trouble finding any disc priced over $99.

I wouldn't even consider that a CE QJLS. Its just a mint first run.
These are all first run appoved, still have them all except for the top left red.

Attachments

• QJLS.jpg
    QJLS.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 112
Maybe the dude is super well off.

$300 some dollars to him very might well be pocket change.

Chump change, some would say. :|

I get it for collecting but no way in hell are these CE discs worth that kind of money as throwers anymore when legacy and many others have replicas or even superior models and polymers.

Yeah but when you factor in that it IS a good thrower, it somehow makes it that much more collectible. It's like when you look at it up on the shelf you tell yourself, "Yeah, that baby would fly sweet."