• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] CE Valkyrie

PanicKJ

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I got a CE valkyrie today.

I am curious as to the totally different feel than my star valks. The CE valk is completely flat.

Did innova change the mold?

I've noticed the same on the CE valks...but don't know that the mold (valk-x to valk) had much to do with the dome.

are you actually talking about ce and not champion? if so, there was one run of them that were flat as a pancake and overstable as the dickens. (second or third run- i forget which)

could also be a viking mis-labelled as a valk as they have apparently had that mix-up occur at the factory as well.

I did not get the Val-x Someone on here said it had a bead. I am not sure if I would like that. I am having a little buyers remorse as I could have bought 4 star valks for the price of the CE valk! I really love my Christian Sandstrom star Valks! The way innova discs change so much from run to run I have been buying many backups in fear that the next ones will be differant.

are you actually talking about ce and not champion? if so, there was one run of them that were flat as a pancake and overstable as the dickens. (second or third run- i forget which)

could also be a viking mis-labelled as a valk as they have apparently had that mix-up occur at the factory as well.

It is a Champion Edition Valk. The rim is exactly like my other valks, just the top is not domey at all. It is pretty stable, however every new disc I get is stable untill I hit a few trees with it!
CEValkylw.jpg

Last edited:
Back to my mantra: If you really like a particular disc & plan on adopting it as a permanent part of your bag, but 10 RIGHT NOW. Same weight, color, plastic, run, everything. They won't be the same if you wait until next year to buy retail, and you will get skewered on the eBay market.

You'll find a home for the flattop CE Valk; they are quite coveted discs.

I have been checking Disc golf center every week hoping that they get some valks in in the color and weight in that I want. Everytime I check they only have one or two. I guess I may need to start checking elsewhere.

It is a Champion Edition Valk. The rim is exactly like my other valks, just the top is not domey at all. It is pretty stable, however every new disc I get is stable untill I hit a few trees with it!
CEValkylw.jpg

Well you won't have to worry about stability changes by hitting things with a CE disc. You can hit all the trees you want and it will take forever to do damage to the plastic.

I've got a flat top "booger" yellow CE Valk. The thing is still pretty darn stable. I still use it for skip shots and forehands from time to time. Good find. I think that the CE Blueberry Firebirds and the yellow flat top CE Valks IMO, are the best driver discs ever made.

I have 2 of the red first run Valk's from the early 2000's. I think that the plastic is what made them different. I still love to throw them. Altho I don't toss them very often now because they are worth so much.
I also have one of the white Valkyrie X disc and mine is VERY understable.. About the only thing it's good for is a roller shot.

P.S. They are not for sale... Sorry

You are a hippie, You smell like skunk, I'm your arch-enemy, A middle class straight punk.

that's definitely a 2nd run in the pic -- stable like a firebird, not at all like the 1st, 3rd, & 4th runs

I got a CE valkyrie today.

I am curious as to the totally different feel than my star valks. The CE valk is completely flat.

Did innova change the mold?

Well my champ valk is the same so maybe it's just champ plastic and the such that does it? Also I'm curious anyone here with enough experience with valkyries that knows what the flat top does vs a more domed top(not super domey just one with a dome)?

Well my champ valk is the same so maybe it's just champ plastic and the such that does it? Also I'm curious anyone here with enough experience with valkyries that knows what the flat top does vs a more domed top(not super domey just one with a dome)?

with the ce's in particular the second run was very flat and overstable as a firebird or predator. the other runs were more "valk-like" by which i mean moderately understable at high speed but still considerably more stable than a dx valk.

Latest posts