• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cedar Rapids

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Hello to anyone in the area.

I see Shaver and Legion are still listed as closed on this website.

Does anyone know if and when these might reopen?

Thanks

Hello to anyone in the area.

I see Shaver and Legion are still listed as closed on this website.

Does anyone know if and when these might reopen?

Thanks

The John Houck Shaver re-design is in FULL swing. Should be opened by late summer. Work crew there has been doing amazing things. Kudos to them.

Legion is managed by the City of Marion and is also in the process of being cleaned up but the end result is less clear. I believe you can play most of the back 9 currently. There has been rumblings they will use the property behind it, that was used for the temp course Krumboltz for their huge C tier Legion of Doom. Hopefully this is true as that temp course was tits.

Thanks for the reply. I'm happy to hear the courses are getting fixed up.

I saw pics of Shaver after the derecho, and wow, hats off to those putting in the work.

Thanks for the reply. I'm happy to hear the courses are getting fixed up.

I saw pics of Shaver after the derecho, and wow, hats off to those putting in the work.

yup agreed i wanna get over there as well and have stalled my plans too waiting for shaver to open

yup agreed i wanna get over there as well and have stalled my plans too waiting for shaver to open

I know you like trees in the fairway, so you should add Peninsula Park in Iowa City and Fuller Park in Muscatine to your wish list. :hfive:

Drive up to Wildcat, or down south to The Farm, Sugar Bottom, or Peninsula Park while you wait for Shaver & Legion to return. Both are going to be incredible.

I live in Cedar Rapids, and there isn't much available here right now. The Derecho & subsequent redesigns were mentioned above. We've got Fay Clark, which also was redesigned recently & plays a lot better, but still doesn't offer a lot of variety. Jones Park is alright too, but nothing incredibly special.

Make sure to check out Titan Disc Golf in Cedar Rapids, tell em Chuckie Big Balls sent you.

Latest posts