• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Celebrities Disc Golfing

Greta Van Fleet came in our shop earlier this season.

I wanted to educate myself and went to wikipedia, who is GVF and when I found out, it is a band I went to Youtube to listen. And wow... I am blown away - that is really good ****! I dont listen much new music and all my favorites are in 1980-2000, but GVF is very good.

I wanted to educate myself and went to wikipedia, who is GVF and when I found out, it is a band I went to Youtube to listen. And wow... I am blown away - that is really good ****! I dont listen much new music and all my favorites are in 1980-2000, but GVF is very good.

Never heard of them either. Because of your post I listened to part of a song. I bet they could do a nice Zep cover!

Never heard of them either. Because of your post I listened to part of a song. I bet they could do a nice Zep cover!
Thats how Ive always described them.
They definitely have a Zep feel.
Kinda like Wolfmother when they first came out.

I have played a round with Zach Deputy and a couple of rounds with two of the guys from Dangermuffin. Ryan Stasik from Umphrey's McGee played in the past but with touring and children, he may not have have time anymore. One of the guys in the Mantras also plays.

I have played a round with Zach Deputy and a couple of rounds with two of the guys from Dangermuffin. Ryan Stasik from Umphrey's McGee played in the past but with touring and children, he may not have have time anymore. One of the guys in the Mantras also plays.

Am I out of touch if it sounds like you're talking a different language? I've never heard of any of those celebrities. :D

The only reason I recognize Umphrey's McGee is from their credit for the theme music on Around the Horn.

Am I out of touch if it sounds like you're talking a different language? I've never heard of any of those celebrities. :D

I understand and forgot about the guys from Rebelution. I am hoping one day the guys from String Cheese Incident, Twiddle, Spafford, Pink Talking Fish and Goose start playing to really throw people off, lol. I heard a rumor that the lead singer of Pigeons Playing Ping Pong has been in talks with a manufacturer to do something with disc golf as well.

https://www.innovadiscs.com/team-innova/celebrity-ambassadors/

I understand and forgot about the guys from Rebelution. I am hoping one day the guys from String Cheese Incident, Twiddle, Spafford, Pink Talking Fish and Goose start playing to really throw people off, lol. I heard a rumor that the lead singer of Pigeons Playing Ping Pong has been in talks with a manufacturer to do something with disc golf as well.

https://www.innovadiscs.com/team-innova/celebrity-ambassadors/

Ummmmm,.... ok. LOL!!!

I wonder if the guys from Fates Warning or Candlemass ever played. :D

Ron Dayne and Tiki Barber formed the Thunder and Lightning duo for a few years.

Yep he bounced around for a few years after he left the Giants. I don't think he ever ran the 40 yd dash at NFL Combine, at his size even running in the 4.6 range would be impressive. I don't think he really had enough speed or quick enough feet to be better thanaverage in the NFL, dominant college player though.

Only a celebrity regionally to the Midwest, but a sax player for Mustard Plug (of ska fame) is a close friend and still bags some of my Barracudas from the 90's. He might play once a year, if that. Still uses his Chains Aviar from that era too! Gotta love it when old friends who only Disc sporadically show up and open their bag. Drool, drool...

Latest posts