• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Celebrity Disc Golf?

Who and who? Guitarists for who? :p

lol I thought the same thing, but they are atleast getting a "celeb-ish" team maybe they can get someone from jersey shores to join.:popcorn:

Innova just posted this on facebook:

Innova Discs We're excited to welcome both Brandon Wootten and Ryan Belcher, guitarists for Framing Hanley to the Innova Discs Ambassador Team! Keep an eye out for these rising stars on your local
disc golf course in the near future. Stay tuned for more information and
celebrity profiles to be added to the site.

Which is kind of funny

And they just posted this today:

‎Eric Friedman, Guitarist for Creed is all about Innova Disc Golf. Erock has game and is next to join our Ambassador Team! Welcome to the Innova family! Roc and Roll!

I wonder who will be next!

Framing Hanley is still a coming up band,

but they did to a cover to "Lollipop" by Lil Wayne, that was actually good enough to make the some tolerable. 1000x better than the original.

If he has a hitch in his throw he might end up with great final acceleration and snap. Either way, it has to be better than him playing ball golf.

That was a great, great swing!

So he isn't exactly a celebrity, but Olympic wrestler and Bellator fighting MMA fighter Ben Askren is a disc golfer, and a pretty good one at that with a rating in the 960s. I saw him fight in bellator a month or two ago, so I recognized his name when I saw it as a person who filled out a bracket for the player's cup. Looked up a little more and found disc golf referenced in his blog.

Our first celebrity DG champ!

beetlejuice-howard-stern-reality-showjpg-2f69775b5ee42f66_medium.jpg

So he isn't exactly a celebrity, but Olympic wrestler and Bellator fighting MMA fighter Ben Askren is a disc golfer, and a pretty good one at that with a rating in the 960s. I saw him fight in bellator a month or two ago, so I recognized his name when I saw it as a person who filled out a bracket for the player's cup. Looked up a little more and found disc golf referenced in his blog.

Yeah before his fight with Dan Hornbuckle they showed him and his girl on the course throwing.

DGA also had something on their Facebook wall about celebs and disc golf. Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=121666921226271&id=133976099982940

While not celebrities... some DFW guys have had their 15 min. of fame.

Shawn Robertson (944 rated) was well known as a pro inline-skater/roller-blader back when that was in the public eye.

Bucky Garrett (981 rated) was in a band called "a dozen furies" that won the "battle for ozzfest" show on MTV.

celebs can't play disc golf...just like they can barely walk on the streets without getting bothered all the time. Not sayin none do..just sayin heh.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Jessica Simpson, Halle Berry, Meagan Fox, and Jessica Alba in a foursome... playing discgolf. I'd watch that any day.

If you can get Jessica Simpson in a time machine from 2003, then yes.

There's celebrity ball golf tournies. Who'd like to see a celebrity DG tourney?

i'm bound and determined to get in a round with Carl Edwards, since my cousin's boyfriend is his physio.

i'll get pictures, and a scorecard :D

I have video proof of Ben's DG abilities: http://www.flowrestling.org/speaker/2029-Ben-Askren/video/204276-Ben-Askren-Disc-Golf-Worlds-Doubles

He's pretty good actually. I just wish I didn't hate his lay and pray fighting ass. :\

Latest posts