• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champ Polecats in the Pro Shop

Got a lot more throws in with my max weight today. Kind of surprised by the lack of glide, but I really got the hang of it. I found the perfect small hyzer angle to get a dead straight flight out of it. Perfect lazer beams out to about 150 feet. I'm having trouble pushing it past that without turning it over or at the least getting quite a bit of left to right drift.

Part of it, I think, is that I rely so much on a power grip that putting a little stank into a fan grip throw isn't comfortable for me. Still, really digging this disc. Very, very useful for upshots and also putts pretty darn well.

I played a Polecat round today at my local pitch and putt. One beat DX 165 that I use all the time, one really fresh 175 DX that I bought like last month or so, and the 164 Ch. Polecat (Thanks TBird!!!). The champ is most similar to the 175 DX but maybe a few ticks more understable. It actually has some decent glide to it, not DX 160 and below good but nice for champ. If these came in like 155, they'd be sick. This one is actually pretty fun for golfing purposes and a nice medium between touchy lid magic and dependable golf shots.

This is some nice, tacky champ. Firm but flexy. Worse comes to worst, I have a nice catch disc. I am really looking forward to how this thing beats in though, it could be pretty special if some glide beats into it.

Got one today. It's orange and perfect and awesome...Imma gonna go throw it at some trees!

175 max weight in da houuuuuuuse.

Going to hit up the park and make a quick video vs a birdie out in the field'

Well this barely has anything to do with Polecats, but I gotta plug my new video somewhere haha...

Anyway, there's quite a few shots with the Champ Polekitty in this video. So you all can see how it flies in the hand of a very mediocre player. You can see it's lack of glide on a few of the longer upshots, and you can also see that it pretty much has the same stability as a max weight R Pro or DX (for the record, the one I'm throwing scales at 174.2 g) Anyway, hope you enjoy my cheap plug!

In the bag right now and man I'm having fun throwing this disc. It doesn't glide as well as DX ones but it holds a line arguably better and easier to dial in. I've been flirting with deep throw ins a lot, tickled chains from 100' out today. Hell, I even threw a chickenwing with surprisingly good result. The less glide has been kind of useful for reducing blow by distance and you can really crank on it compared to a base plastic kitty.

A ~155-160g Champ PC in chartreuse would be the best disc ever!*

*probably