• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Give credit where it's due, even if its a slinky cringe

Sheep

Sir, This is a Wendy's

While most of us are not a fan of Coach T, aka, Mr Slingshot, aka, Mr Snake oil, aka, Slinky as Jaani calls him.

I gotta give the guy credit for this video. This is a great representation of "out in out" and a decent way to practice it, even if he looks like he's half assing it in the demonstration. A great majority of the info in this video is very accurate/correct.

"pulling" the disc is a bad thing, it shouldn't be something we really use when we talk about the swing. The only time you "pull" the disc is when you're trying to get the disc further into the pocket on your throw, you don't "pull" it from the back swing into the pocket, you rotate it into the pocket.

Pulling is something that you do when you hug yourself throwing and try and get the disc back into time.

All the pro's say Pull. And maybe when you get into really really advanced stuff there is a little bit of "pulling" but, it's not a Pull.

If you wanna yell pull, lets go to the skeet range and shoot clays, you can yell pull all day there and it will be accurate.

So, anyways, while I don't 100% agree with this video, I mostly agree with it and I think its important even when we have coaches who we might not agree iwth their overall methods, when they do something good, we need to make sure we point it out. Because this is good. He just rushes the demonstration of it, so it's really herky jerky.

He's not "herky jerky," he's athletic, get it right.
I'm guessing that's a joke.

Later in the video when he's demonstrating, he's being really jerky with the drill demonstration and not really commiting to it.

So...ya.

This is oddly related to what I personally have been concentrating on lately, but I don't really agree with the way he is trying to illustrate it. The out-out motion happens naturally if you have the correct idea of where the whip cracks, in my personal opinion.

I knew about the concept early on in my attempts to learn all of this, and trying to actually manipulate your arm in that pattern was a dead end for me for a while.

When he tried actually throwing discs with this it became clear to me that this drill is probably going to confuse people more than help them.

I don't hate the video, I get why he's making it, and there is a fundamentally important point being made, I just don't think people that need to 'get it' will do so from moving the arm like that deliberately/manually.

If you wanna yell pull, lets go to the skeet range and shoot clays, you can yell pull all day there and it will be accurate.

Not going to break 25 that way! Well, depends on where you shoot. In the old days, "pull" was thrown from the high house, "mark" from the low house. If you only yelled pull, you'd never get the low house bird or the doubles. A few purists and the old timers still do it that way, most don't anymore I guess.

Not going to break 25 that way! Well, depends on where you shoot. In the old days, "pull" was thrown from the high house, "mark" from the low house. If you only yelled pull, you'd never get the low house bird or the doubles. A few purists and the old timers still do it that way, most don't anymore I guess.
I did say Skeet so people would know.

Otherwise I'd have called Trap, and people would bee like "uhh, whats trap?"

I think there are gems in that video and I've been meaning to try and duplicate how he upshots to see what I can use to improve my approach game. I think a key thing we can do on the learning side of things (I'm not a coach, so this is from a different perspective) is to see what works for us, and discard what doesn't. Or at least table it for another time.

I think there are gems in that video and I've been meaning to try and duplicate how he upshots to see what I can use to improve my approach game. I think a key thing we can do on the learning side of things (I'm not a coach, so this is from a different perspective) is to see what works for us, and discard what doesn't. Or at least table it for another time.

I think this is the right one.

I took these down cause I didn't like them very much.
But I still use this to warm up.