• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] champ shark3 and mako 3

Saw a shark3 yesterday. It looks very similar to a buzzz. Flies a bit more stable.

I got two Mako3s and i'm really liking them . But i thought they were supposed to be out by now. I wanted to get a couple more but i can't find them anywhere. :(

For those of you with them, any chance of a side by side pic? I really like my makos and would like to know how these are different. Any different flight numbers, real or preceived?

Was looking at a mf shark3 at Pias today. Really sweet disc but they wanted $26.99 for it, f** that. I'm not payin that kinda scratch for flake (roc3s were $16.99 so I can only guess the flake adds to the price). Ill grab one at some point but not for close to 30 bucks after tax. I'm loving my mako3

For those of you with them, any chance of a side by side pic? I really like my makos and would like to know how these are different. Any different flight numbers, real or preceived?

Here ya go. I haven't thrown the Shark3 yet. The Mako3 is my new "go for" disc from 50' to 125'. Nailed one yesterday from about 60' :D

for some reason, I can't rotate the first one....

8572897043_c20c309a5b_b.jpg

8572895983_d73b7f14dd_b.jpg

Apparently I waited too long to edit the previous post???

8573990098_b8205c9410_b.jpg

OV stamp is way more sick, btw... :cool:

Last edited:
Pretty disappointed neither of these discs feature a shark of any kind in the stamp. Where are you guys picking up the Mako3s?

i picked up a Mako3 online from ebay, a place called Final9, i believe it was in california. just about 1 week ago, he had 3 listed, but they where down to one like a day later so i scooped it up. it looks the same as the one posted above. it has that tourney stamp on it.
i have been looking daily myself for the Mako3's so if i see some, i will post here where i found more at.

Hopefully they will do a shark stamp on some and not straight from CFR to stock stamp.

Anyone notice the little groove in the rim past the lip in the shark3? I love my mako3 effortless 200ft dead straight. No need for the regular ones anymore.

Breezy or Oklahoma wind?

It does fine into and with a breeze (5-15mph)
RHBH does decent with L-R and aweful with R-L

Playing in Oklahoma: I have yet to find a Midrange disc that works well when our wind gets up.

I'm hoping these flatter ones will do even better in the wind.

It still sounds like these 3 discs are very similar! I'm down with the new plastics, but just sounds all similar to me. Why not run somethin overstable (gator), a roc and a mako or something,

Mako is a straighter version of the shark hence the name mako which is a shark. I haven't thrown my shark3 yet. Thrown hard a mako will glide straight a shark will fade to left at the end(rhbh) in my experiences

Pretty disappointed neither of these discs feature a shark of any kind in the stamp. Where are you guys picking up the Mako3s?

I got my Makos at the Final 9 in Orangevale. The St. Pat's Classic is held there at Shady Oaks, which is this weekend for the pros. :popcorn:

I wish McBeast was playing there...

So what's the difference between these and their "stock " counterparts? Are these going to be production disc or are they just a limited run kind of thing? They look great, but I'd hate to get one, love it, then not be able to replace it.