• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion KC 11x Eagle with 12x stamp and Fingerprint yellow

chowee21

Par Member
Can someone provide background on the disc stated?

How would you know if you have an 11x if it has a 12x stamp?

What is the deal with fingerprint part of it?

How much would a disc like this go for?

If has "Rancho Cucamonga, CAL" instead of "Rancho Cucamonga, CA" tooled on the bottom, then it's an 11x.

There are also CA tooled 11x. There was a lot of overlap between 11x and 12x in both teebirds and rocs, maybe others. I have a pile of 11x CA tooled I bought new and at least half as many 12x that you can tell came from the same run. For collectors, if it is stamped 12x, it will never be as valuable as 11x, but there is a thriving market for early 12x too. The fingerprintyness is just the plastic releasing some weighting agent. All discs except DX do it to some degree. Personally I will avoid discs that are too bad because my older fingerprinty discs tend to crack in the cold weather.

Just adding another layer of confusion:

There's a difference between the pre-flight-number stamps that spell out "Twelve Time" vs. later runs that switch to "12x" and also have flight numbers.

My understanding is that the "Twelve Time" champ eagles (that are PFN, that have patent number tooling) are from the same run as the later Eleven Times. These are opaque-ish champion plastic**.

The "Twelve Time" discs are more collectible than the "12x" champ eagles, which are currently in production. Like a lot of recent champion plastic runs, the "12x" tend to be clearer/jolly launcher type of champ**.

**DISClaimer: These plastic descriptions are just based off of what I've got in the collection currently. There may be other runs that I'm not familiar with.

Pretty easy to tell the difference between an 11X and a 12X Eagle in the X mold because the 11X is flat topped and the 12X is domey.
O.P. doesn't specify X or L mold, so this information is useless. Sorry.

Like this one? What I've assumed is alot of the low weights for 11x didn't sell as well or they had too many so they tried out the new 12x stamp on them before changing to the current plastic

Attachments

• IMG_20170305_200450.jpg
    IMG_20170305_200450.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20170305_200609.jpg
    IMG_20170305_200609.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts