• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Champs vs Chumps

The blur at the beginning of the round when Nate is doing stretches, is just classic...

...or "Check out this new throwing style I invented.".. or "they didn't have minis in the 80s.":thmbup:

I about lost it when he does his practice throw! He just looks silly as hell in that outfit!:D

Hole 5 at Waterworks in Kansas City. It starts at about 20:20, but it gets interesting at about 22:10.

Cynthia Ricciotti out drives both Hannah and Paul. She's sponsored by DD now.

The Champs vs. Chumps format isn't everyone's thing, but sometimes it's a gem and allows some talented amateurs a chance to shine.

I know this might not be popular, but I don't enjoy these at all. I watch a fair amount of disc golf, both MPO and FPO, but C vs C is just kind of dumb. Just one guys take. :eek: Sorry.

6E6asrR.png

Just razzin ya :)

I wish I could play as one of the chumps. For some weird reason I play better when there is someone a significant amount better than me on my card. Anybody know if World's might have one this year?

I would love to host these guys at our local course to hear their comments on the course, and have them go up against some of our more colorful locals.

I play fast and I lime to watch at rounds. So even watching MPO I don't like when groups are larger than four. So when a bunch of chumps throw, and then the Champs throw, it all just takes too long g for me, in general.

I liked the novelty of the first C vs. C, and the Era vids ok. But I can see average play all of the time live, when I play, so I prefer the top MPO videos.

Just my take.

Champs v chumps was a novel idea. I don't mind them, but it'd be nice to see maybe other pros or doubles pros just mop n up the chumps. Just seeing Paul with another player of equal to or less than a chump is getting rather recycled. Paul's partner nearly never adds anything, no offense ;)

Like if maybe we had Ricky and Paige on? :thmbup: It's happening the day after SFO.

The blur at the beginning of the round when Nate is doing stretches, is just classic...

That was actually Paul's idea funny enough. Credit where it's due.

I wish I could play as one of the chumps. For some weird reason I play better when there is someone a significant amount better than me on my card. Anybody know if World's might have one this year?

Not currently planned. We are very likely doing one after Canadian Nationals though. Kinda in the neighborhood.

I'm trying to get another Starter Pack or Battle of the Eras going. Tough to schedule though.

Thanks for the nice feedback :)

And totally agree, Nate is what makes these great.

I was definitely entertained for the first couple. Kinda lost interest. The tournament coverage is more up my alley

I was definitely entertained for the first couple. Kinda lost interest. The tournament coverage is more up my alley

I tend to agree. I love what CCDG does, but the last few haven't been as great, but I think I know why.

The first one was a few CCDG guys trying to beat Paul at his best on their own home turf, and they still lost.

Now it's tons of dudes showing up (which, who wouldn't want to) to various courses, some they've played, some they haven't, but what's been added is a ton of rigmarole.

I think it is best if you limit the total number of chumps. Yes, this takes away some of the fun, but I think it makes it a better watch.

1 champ to 3-4 chumps I think is a good ratio. Add one champ for every 4 chumps.

Maybe even have a champs vs chumps tournament, with champs beating chumps on every hole!

I tend to agree. I love what CCDG does, but the last few haven't been as great, but I think I know why.

The first one was a few CCDG guys trying to beat Paul at his best on their own home turf, and they still lost.

Now it's tons of dudes showing up (which, who wouldn't want to) to various courses, some they've played, some they haven't, but what's been added is a ton of rigmarole.

I think it is best if you limit the total number of chumps. Yes, this takes away some of the fun, but I think it makes it a better watch.

I believe CCDG uses this as a fundraiser. I liked the earlier ones a lot too, but if this way means more tournament coverage, I'll definitely take it.

I would also vote for a small set number of chumps that throw every hole instead of tag team style. It is a better watch since you get to track the ups and downs for each chump rather than having a random chump every hole.

Also, I think it is time to retire Johnny Football/Disc Golf. Ian, however, I for sure want to see throw every hole.

John McBeth is a cool addition of the newer ones.

Also Nate playing in disguise as Johnny Football in the fifth volume.

But yes, the novelity factor is mostly gone. :-/