• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charleston SC with Trophy Lakes closed

Herrmann32

Hey everyone,

I am going to Charleston SC in early March, looking to get a round or two in. I originally was planning on Trophy Lakes but this site says it is closed. What other options nearby are worth the trip? I see a decent amount of Sewee Outpost mentions, but was looking for another course to play. All suggestions welcome!

I can't help you with other courses, but suggest you double-check on Trophy Lakes just before you go.

Looking at their Facebook page, they closed it "until further notice" due to some theft of lost-and-found discs. As I read it, it's not necessarily closed permanently. Cross your fingers; if it does reopen, you won't want to miss it.

In order of quality Sewee, Naval Weapons Station, Park Circle, and James Island are your best bets. West Ashley is, well, a swamp, so don't play if it's recently rained.

Follow the club's Facebook page for updates on Trophy Lakes.

I can't help you with other courses, but suggest you double-check on Trophy Lakes just before you go.

Looking at their Facebook page, they closed it "until further notice" due to some theft of lost-and-found discs. As I read it, it's not necessarily closed permanently. Cross your fingers; if it does reopen, you won't want to miss it.
Not that I condone theft, but I sincerely hope they don't shut down permanently over that.

I was seriously thinking about hitting Trophy Lakes when I swung through last Dec, but didn't because I didn't like something about the logistics... and figured I could hit it on my next trip down. Hope that's still the case on another year or so. :\

Not that I condone theft, but I sincerely hope they don't shut down permanently over that.

I was seriously thinking about hitting Trophy Lakes when I swung through last Dec, but didn't because I didn't like something about the logistics... and figured I could hit it on my next trip down. Hope that's still the case on another year or so. :\

I wasn't aware of it being closed, until Herrmann32 mentioned it to start this thread, and I looked at Trophy Lakes' Facebook page.

I also hope it doesn't stay closed. But I understand the sentiment. We had something similar at Stoney Hill at our tournament back in October; somebody went swimming and pulled out about 70 discs, and in very short order, 40 of them disappeared. I was in an extremely pissed mood while conducting the awards ceremony.

We had something similar at Stoney Hill at our tournament back in October; somebody went swimming and pulled out about 70 discs, and in very short order, 40 of them disappeared. I was in an extremely pissed mood while conducting the awards ceremony.

Competely understand. Course owners usually try to do right by their guests, and are pretty good about trying to get lost discs back. Can't blame an owner for being pissed about some jackhole pilferring a bunch discs they're trying to make available to the rightful owners. :(

All it takes is one little turd in the pool to ruin it for everyone.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware of it being closed, until Herrmann32 mentioned it to start this thread, and I looked at Trophy Lakes' Facebook page.

Thread hijack.

I posted that update more than a month ago. I was waiting to see how long it would take before anyone noticed. Guess the Chucktown DGC isn't active on here anymore.

Thanks for the updates! I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled to the Facebook page in hopes that it opens by the time I'm there! If trophy lakes isn't open, Sewee seems like my next best bet. Thanks all!

Thanks for the updates! I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled to the Facebook page in hopes that it opens by the time I'm there! If trophy lakes isn't open, Sewee seems like my next best bet. Thanks all!

Sewee also has a decent selection of discs in the shop. It's a nice setup out there so if you're not in a rush, good place to play twice.

Latest posts