• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CHARLOTTE COURSES -NC/SC/TN Trip

He said Charlotte in his post. Stoney hill is 2.5 hours south of Charlotte.:confused:

He included "SC" in the heading, presumably to encompass Winthrop.

We love visitors and think they'd enjoy Stoney Hill, but agree that, with the stated route, Stoney Hill would be considerably out of the way. The best route to justify it would be, if they're playing Richmond Hill, to come down I-26 and play Va-Du-Mar, then Stoney Hill, then back up to Winthrop or Charlotte (possibly adding All Terrain on the way).

Not knowing how much time they've got, but if it's limited then Charlotte and Western NC should more than suffice, with less driving.

I am traveling from Cincinnati, OH to the Charlotte area for a disc golf vacay and the Carolina Clash. I have done some research and have a few ideas for courses, but am looking for further input.

Listed below are some courses that seem to make sense for the route I'm traveling. Please let me know if; I am missing any great courses, have any ****ters on my list, or any other reccomendations.

-CHARLOTTE-
Hornet's Nest, Renaisance Park, Nevin Park DGC, Reedy Creek Park, Elon Park

-OTHER NC-
Ashe County Park, Richmond Hill, Sugaree, Elk Mountain, Bear Tree

-SC-
Wintrhop

-TN-
Warriors Path (Kingsport)

Thanks for the help!

-CHARLOTTE-
Hornet's Nest, Renaisance Park, Nevin Park DGC, Reedy Creek Park, Elon Park

-OTHER NC-
Ashe County Park, Richmond Hill, Sugaree, Elk Mountain, Bear Tree

-SC-
Wintrhop

-TN-
Warriors Path (Kingsport)

Play these 5, and the secret Charlotte course Chain-Addicted can tell you about. Ashe County is miles away from anything else and is well worth the trip. Go play it and plan on spending the entire day there. Also, allow at least 3 full days while visiting Charlotte. There are more courses there than you can shake a stick at. The 5 above + the secret one I mentioned are some of the best discgolf courses I've seen.

-CHARLOTTE-

Play these 5, and the secret Charlotte course Chain-Addicted can tell you about. Ashe County is miles away from anything else and is well worth the trip. Go play it and plan on spending the entire day there. Also, allow at least 3 full days while visiting Charlotte. There are more courses there than you can shake a stick at. The 5 above + the secret one I mentioned are some of the best discgolf courses I've seen.

Since Chain addicted is banned I could help you with this.

PM me if interested

Since Chain addicted is banned I could help you with this.

PM me if interested

What what . . .chain-addicted got banned? I am so glad I got to play two rounds with him recently on my swing through Charlotte.

Was it because of my popcorn smiley earlier in the thread?

So how many times has he been banned already?
:popcorn:

a lot but I think this time its

permabanned-gif.gif

I am going to have to agree with 1978 about Winthrop without the ropes. Maybe for someone that has more distance it is fine but for me it was no different than throwing in a field with the occasional basket. What can I say I'm a fan of trees :D.

/gives dirty look to Nevin.

I am going to have to agree with 1978 about Winthrop without the ropes. Maybe for someone that has more distance it is fine but for me it was no different than throwing in a field with the occasional basket. What can I say I'm a fan of trees :D.

/gives dirty look to Nevin.

Yay!

Don't get me wrong, its not a 2* course in the short no rope placements. Its just that if you haven't been here yet follow the conversations that Withrop Gold is a topic of, you will be disappointed playing it. It is a bit like traveling to play Augusta National and but they skip or you can't play (Amen Corner) 11,12,13. What would be the point...sure the rest is a nice golf course. So...at Withrop if you can't play 888, or #5, or 17 down to the water you don't really play what you expected.

So...at Withrop if you can't play 888, or #5, or 17 down to the water you don't really play what you expected.

888 play EXACTLY the same today (March 7) as it does during the USDGC. I apologize if I haven't made this abundantly clear.

#5 plays EXACTLY the same today (March 7) as it does during the USDGC. Except it might have co-eds sunbathing in the fairway today, while they generally clear those out during the USDGC.

Thanks Grodney. In years past including the map on DGCR they put everything in the shorts and I was basing my recommendation on that. Winthrop Gold with out the ropes is worth the trip.

The Gold Course has a separate listing on DGCR:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=27&mode=ci
(Data is old. I suppose I could/should do a solid and update it.)

It is marked as "Temporary", so it doesn't show up in searches unless specified.

I "suggested" to timg way back that this Temporary designation isn't accurate. The ropes (and haybales) are temporary. The tees and baskets are NOT temporary, other than basket #6. However, it remains listed as such.

Latest posts