• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charlotte NC, 3 more in April?

We need your help up here in Boone to get a course! I find it absurd that there is no course here in the mountains where we have ASU and a thriving outdoor recreational community.:doh:

Bethlehem is getting 9 holes. Sawmills is getting 18. Disc golf popping up in all the nooks and crannies.

We need your help up here in Boone to get a course! I find it absurd that there is no course here in the mountains where we have ASU and a thriving outdoor recreational community.:doh:

lol I think Todd has been trying for a long time either the city doesn't want it or there is no room.

Bethlehem is getting 9 holes. Sawmills is getting 18. Disc golf popping up in all the nooks and crannies.

I've been hearing about Bethlehem for years now. Don't see that one happening anytime soon. Walked Sawmills and that property has some potential. Will be nice since glen Hilton gets so busy

I see Henry Childres' mom at Ace all the time when I'm shipping discs...apparently he got the OK from the "city" and is a part of designing the course in Bethlehem. *fingers crossed*

must be different from where I'm thinking. There's been talk of a 9er across from water plant along encove of Lake Hickory

BtW keep pumpN out them courses in Charlotte buddy and it looks like that Ball and Chain event will be in June. I'll let ya'll know.

R.L.Smith Park (1604 Little Rock Rd.) from I-85 on the west side of town, take exit 32, Little Rock Rd and head north and go about 1 mile to the park on the left.

Chris Picerno and I installed 6 poles yesterday and we hope to have the rest in the ground by the weekend when we should dress them up with hardware. Great elevation changes, creeks, a couple of boulder greens, beautiful woods, gonna be nice!!!

Smith is now officially opened, but really rough on a few of the opening holes.No transition marking yet and you will not find your way around without a guide.We should have this completed during the week.

Smith is easy enough to navigate. Boy, it's a mean little bastard, in a good way of course. That rough on holes 3 and 4 are ridiculously easy to lose a disc in, a guy in front of us lost his tie dye Buzzz on 3. There are some seriously sick holes and 18 is one of the best finishing holes in Charlotte if my memory is any good.

By the way, I found some eyeglasses (reading glasses?) near the tee on hole 1 there, hit me up if you lost your specs.

RL Smith is a Grade A Ass Kicker. I have no problem saying that it is the most physically taxing course I have ever played (and that includes Highland Hills, Ashe County, and Stumpy Creek). Holes 2-4 are NOT for the out of shape. You will definitely break a mental sweat as well.

There are some great holes here. Hole #1 is a great way to start the round and hole #18 reminds me of a mini hole #9 at Ashe Co. Hole #12 is beautiful.

Smith will whip you but it's a fun whipping. The finished product will be GREAT. Hellacious job Stan and crew.:thmbup:

Wit and CTP did a great job of design and have learned first hand what it takes to carve a course out of the woods. Sam and I hooked chains to the logs on the green of #3 on Sunday and dragged them away. I also finished the high trimming on the holes this weekend. Sam has been spraying roundup, but I think it will take another 50 gallons or more before we beat back momma nature. CTP should be back there in a couple of days to continue with the weedeating on holes 2 and 3. We definately will be installing goat trails to help you navigate the first 4 holes.

RL Smith is a Grade A Ass Kicker. I have no problem saying that it is the most physically taxing course I have ever played (and that includes Highland Hills, Ashe County, and Stumpy Creek). Holes 2-4 are NOT for the out of shape. You will definitely break a mental sweat as well.

There are some great holes here. Hole #1 is a great way to start the round and hole #18 reminds me of a mini hole #9 at Ashe Co. Hole #12 is beautiful.

Smith will whip you but it's a fun whipping. The finished product will be GREAT. Hellacious job Stan and crew.:thmbup:

I play Ashe Co. about 2-3 times a week, sounds like I need to make a road trip!

Scores at singles yesterday at the Scrapyard were higher than I thought they would be. With the lowest 52 and the highest 72. Easiest hole on the course (by average scores of all that played) is hole 17. It was the only par 3 hole to ave. under par (2.8). The only par 4 hole to ave. under par was hole 4 (3.9). Toughest par 3 hole was hole 11 (3.7), just beating hole 9 (3.6). Toughest par 4 was hole 7 (4.5). Easiest holes for Adv. was 14 and 16, playing 1/2 stroke under par. Int. was hole 14 (2.7). For master/ grandmasters, hole 17 at even par. Interesting note- master/grandmasters averaged as well or better scores than Adv. on holes 7, 10, 12 and 18. Hole with the most birdies was 14 (12). Least birdies was 12 (1). There was 1 ace on hole 6 and 1 eagle on hole 4. Highest score on any hole was 8 (hole 9).
I would like to get more scores in tourny-type play to see how these scores hold up. Some of the holes played harder than I thought they would, none of them easier. Hope everyone is enjoying this course and I look forward to making more improvements out there.

Scores at singles yesterday at the Scrapyard were higher than I thought they would be. With the lowest 52 and the highest 72. Easiest hole on the course (by average scores of all that played) is hole 17. It was the only par 3 hole to ave. under par (2.8). The only par 4 hole to ave. under par was hole 4 (3.9). Toughest par 3 hole was hole 11 (3.7), just beating hole 9 (3.6). Toughest par 4 was hole 7 (4.5). Easiest holes for Adv. was 14 and 16, playing 1/2 stroke under par. Int. was hole 14 (2.7). For master/ grandmasters, hole 17 at even par. Interesting note- master/grandmasters averaged as well or better scores than Adv. on holes 7, 10, 12 and 18. Hole with the most birdies was 14 (12). Least birdies was 12 (1). There was 1 ace on hole 6 and 1 eagle on hole 4. Highest score on any hole was 8 (hole 9).
I would like to get more scores in tourny-type play to see how these scores hold up. Some of the holes played harder than I thought they would, none of them easier. Hope everyone is enjoying this course and I look forward to making more improvements out there.

A score of 8 on #9 = Three discs in the pond!:doh:

Any thoughts of moving #15's basket to that elevated tier that I like?

Smith is easy enough to navigate. Boy, it's a mean little bastard, in a good way of course. That rough on holes 3 and 4 are ridiculously easy to lose a disc in, a guy in front of us lost his tie dye Buzzz on 3. There are some seriously sick holes and 18 is one of the best finishing holes in Charlotte if my memory is any good.

By the way, I found some eyeglasses (reading glasses?) near the tee on hole 1 there, hit me up if you lost your specs.

After 3 days of busting it on Bradford (building bridges and mowing) I stopped by smith this afternoon. The boys were hard at work spraying roundup and mowing and weedeating. Holes 2-4 will soon be much less daunting in the lost disc department.

had 18 out for doubles Tues. 9 teams brought in a low with 44, couple 45's and some 47's. playing 4 short and 15 short (yellow jacket nest). thanks for the turnout guys! awesome day.

One of the bridges we built at Bradford last weekend.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bradford Bridge 1.jpg
    Bradford Bridge 1.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts