• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chat feature

Geoffro

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Hey you guys, we need to come together on this. Tim has shelled out some cash to make the "Chat" feature available to us. I'm starting a new thread just to bring attention to this option - when you log on to the site, make the first thing you do is to click the "Community" link at the top of the thread forum, and select "float chat." If no one is there, fine, just leave it open. Even if you don't engage in the mass discussion, it makes you available to other users for instant messages. Just leave it open when you are on line. This is a great option that Tim paid for, and we need to use it!

Well, I haven't paid for it just yet but I will if it gets popular. I'm currently testing it out.

If you picked Float Chat, you'll get a pop-up window. As far as Java, yea, you'll need that to be able to run the chat.

Yeah, you need to have Java installed. If you blocked a pop-up, then that was the chat window. If you choose "Float Chat" it opens it up in a serperate window.

EDIT: Tim, ya beat me!

It was fun tonight.. we had 10 people in there at one point.

i had it open while playin a little online poker and tried to converse as much as i could but it was hard to pay attention to the chat with three poker games goin on at the same time.....i think it is a great idea though....cool when you have nothing else to do lol

The chat thing is a really cool idea guys. I just wish people were on right now.

click on community (up by new posts) and a drop menu appears and click on either enter chat or float chat

click on community (up by new posts) and a drop menu appears and click on either enter chat or float chat

o i c now! I'm always behind with these things. Pretty cool stuff there, it makes me wish I was around earlier.

Does the chat room time out and log off after 30 minutes like the Forum and main site, or will I stay logged on if I just leave it open indefinitely?

Does the chat room time out and log off after 30 minutes like the Forum and main site, or will I stay logged on if I just leave it open indefinitely?
If you choose "remember login" on the forums/home page you won't get logged out. I think the chat will stay open indefinitely.

It shouldn't anymore.. I just realized I forgot to turn that off.

tim, I just opened the chat room, I'm all alone but thanks for making this an option!

Do you know what version of java is required. I'm at work with Java 6.0_11 and get an error.

Error: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1013478509 in class file Client
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1013478509 in class file Client