• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Check it out bought at Play it again sports

The best used disc I've ever seen at my local PIAS is a 2/10 Champion Groove. Ok, not literally, but my PIAS sucks sooooo much. Decent new discs though. And they give 3/4/5 to me for used discs. Probably helps that my brother works there...

touchy subject...

PIAS has no responsibility to return discs to their rightful owners though, just like the people who buy it from PIAS have no responsibility.

ChrisKramer has a good deal with his local PIAS

let's leave it with that ^^^

to stay on subject..

I found an 11x firebird at a local head shop (I go there to dig through discs pretty often)

touchy subject...

PIAS has no responsibility to return discs to their rightful owners though, just like the people who buy it from PIAS have no responsibility.

ChrisKramer has a good deal with his local PIAS

let's leave it with that ^^^

to stay on subject..

I found an 11x firebird at a local head shop (I go there to dig through discs pretty often)

This all started a couple years ago when I went in and found three old fundraiser discs that had been sold by our club to raise the money to get the chain racks at Renaissance Park re-coated. The guys that got them back were thrilled and, over time we wound up with a mutually beneficial relationship. They are eager to help with coupons for players packs and/or CTPs (valued at $10 to $25) and are always looking for ways to promote the sport (which means more disc sales for them.) They may be the exception rather than the rule, but it is local merchants like these that really help our club keep the local scene alive and growing. Not all our members like the policies on used discs but it is what it is and, with the relationship we've developed, both the club and PIAS are reaping the benefits.

The subject of lost discs will continue to be debated for a long time.

Last edited:
I found one of my discs at a local PIAS with my ink faded out. The guy that runs it asked if I had actually lost it and I told him I did. He said to just take it and if I ever found another of mine that I had lost and not sold I could have them too. I bought another disc right then and there I was so happy.

If you don't like their stance on selling inked discs than do not buy them. If enough people don't buy the inked up ones than PIAS will eventually stop buying them or will give less for them. I always try to contact the numbers on the disc prior to buying them when I go cherry picking but mostly avoid buying inked discs to begin with.

Interesting story about PIAS. During the USDGC this year, I lost a couple of my Augustas in the lake and got all but one back before I left SC. All of my plastic has my name, pdga #, and phone # on it and the lost one was no different. Fast forward a few weeks, a friend of mine from Evansville, IN sends me a picture of an Augusta that he just bought on Ebay and I comment that it looks exactly like the one I lost in SC. My friend contacts the seller to get some background info and surprise, surprise the guy is from Rock Hill. His story went along the lines that he found the Augusta in a PIAS and picked it up. Seeing as it is in pretty good condition, he puts it up on Ebay to try to profit from it and my friend buys the disc. A couple days go by and my friend gets the disc in the mail. My name/pdga #/phone # are still on the disc with no attempt by any body to ink out my contact info. I didn't get a phone call about the disc 1. when it came out of the lake 2. before it got sold to the PIAS 3. after it got bought from the PIAS 4. before it got posted on Ebay.

I don't necessarily believe the guy's story that he bought my disc at a PIAS and shipped it to Ebay for more money. He probably was the guy who pulled it out of the lake and the PIAS tangent made it sound like he legitimately had my disc without contacting me. So if you're reading this and you are the guy who pulled my disc out of the lake without even having the courtesy to call me about it, hope your bag gets stolen after you read this.

He dove in a pond to get the disc. he deserves it.

On a side note PIAS is great. The ability to buy used discs for really cheap has truly expanded my game and the discs that I now throw.

No times roc 7/10 & brand new blizzard wraith for 17 bucks, was pretty pleased. Both going straight into bag.

Got these from the local PIAS for under $8 each the vulcan has one very slight scuff on the top and the gremlin has very little wear, cfr stamp was removed tho.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh487/MN_DiscGolfer/FSOT/VulcanTop.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh487/MN_DiscGolfer/FSOT/VulcanBottom.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh487/MN_DiscGolfer/FSOT/GremlinTop.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh487/MN_DiscGolfer/FSOT/GremlinStamp.jpg

And a friend got this green champ wraith that was painted completely black :wall: for $8 we acetoned it all off and I dyed a rough starcraft wraith on it....then he apparently left it at a course in Iowa during a disc trip down there last week :doh:

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh487/MN_DiscGolfer/Disc Dyes/WraithTodd2.jpg

I just got 3 discs from PIAS, A CH wraith, a CH Valkyrie, and a fly dye(?) Buzzz with a ProD bug stamp on it. They were factory 2nds, but thats ok. I got some sweet discs, new, and cheap. They were waiting on the new Innova shipment and let me rummage the boxes as they were putting them out. They were pretty cool to me there, some I'm gunna go back in a couple weeks and see what else they got in(just happens to co-incide with payday..lol wifes gunna shoot me)

I picked up a CryZtal Buzzz at the Carrollton PIAS Saturday for 8.49 plus tax. I don't need this disc. I have a problem.

Our local PIAS is pretty hit or miss as far as good prices on good discs, but they are big supporters of disc golf . . . they always sponsor our tournaments and they have printed up minis which are coupons. We pass them out in player packs, they collect them as they're used, and then we pass them out again at the next tournament. Green coupons! (and an easy way for them to measure how much response they actually get from our tournaments) :thmbup:

Last edited:
Most of you won't think these are to great of finds, but I got a perfectly beat ching roc and a 8/10 star san marino roc. Both beat right to where I would want them to be inserted into my bag for how I would love them to fly. I love getting me some beat in plastic. Always been to impatient to beat it in myself.

I picked up a misprint cryztal buzz for $10 yesterday doesn't look like anything is even wrong with it

Latest posts