• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Check this out!

bigt

We are in the process of putting in a new 18 hole course in our city park our club (most of us are pushing 50 or older) is doing all the work the other night a group was forming up some tee pads close to the road when this you man driving thru the park stoped and asked if we needed some help.

They thought is was one of the college kids that play our course so they said we never turn down any help they said he busted his butt until they got done at dark.

After they got done he asked what they had been working on this young man had no idea what disc golf even was.

Just a good young person that seen some old guys that might need some help.

He got invited to come play at our regular group night I sure hope he shows up.

Just when I get jaded about life someone opens my eyes!!!!!

Thanks young man who ever you are and Mom and Dad you did good!!!

cheers random young man......(not to be a prick, but why would this guy help out strangers for multiple hours and not ask what the heck they were doing...seems odd, but I agee, good job parents)

:hfive: Usually, you have a hard time getting people to help, even when they're the ones that are going to benefit from it.

That is interesting,

I am not in my local disc golf club, i do play tourneys and support them that way. From what i hear, the old guys are the ones who keep it all together, cause the younger guys are lazy, and have a lack of gumption to maintain the courses and direct tourneys.

I have been turned off by joining the club, b/c some(a lot) of these guys seem like d-bags. I do respect the older guys, and have talked about getting out there and doing some maintenence as well as directing a tourney or two.

Sad to see that the club could be so much more if the younger guys werent selfish and lazy. I may have to join to step it up for my generation.

Latest posts