• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chicks and Chains

I've resisted posting about this on FB as I don't want to give it more attn than it deserves, but I don't like it. It looks cheap and makes us look cheap. LANDFILL!

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"to grip a chain..."

Oh man. :D :D

I've resisted posting about this on FB as I don't want to give it more attn than it deserves, but I don't like it. It looks cheap and makes us look cheap. LANDFILL!

I think if we've learned anything than it's that a few more posts from you and it will be well on it's way. For whatever reason you've got the kinda, anti-midas, touch around here.

Oh no -- not a bikini calendar. We'd be going down the same path as motorcycle mfg., car mfg., swimsuit mfg., every mfg in the history of mfg.

The "disc golf calendar-girl tournament" comes to my town sign me up. Put them in golf carts selling beers please, I have $$ and I'm not cheap.

It's little wonder women run from disc golf like it's forced labor. Why don't you noodniks pick on someone other than the models, that's just mean.

Holly -- I don't know you but really? Our little teeny tiny game is cheapened by this calendar -- really? Seems like anyone trying to make it as a model has to get their picture out there as best they can . . . ?? Maybe there's a model in that calendar gets a break from this that leads to bigger/better projects -- stranger things have happened.

I had to watch it again to make sure it was actually real. Am I missing something or is disc golf dominated by the Mountain Dew drinking Xtreme crowd? I have yet to run into these people. Who the hell does Gripit TV think they are appealing to? Seems like a bad case of not knowing your customer base.

You want to do a girly calendar ? Put them in summer clothes actually playing. I have no philosophical problem with the idea, but swimsuits are just silly in this context.

Oh no -- not a bikini calendar. We'd be going down the same path as motorcycle mfg., car mfg., swimsuit mfg., every mfg in the history of mfg.

The "disc golf calendar-girl tournament" comes to my town sign me up. Put them in golf carts selling beers please, I have $$ and I'm not cheap.

It's little wonder women run from disc golf like it's forced labor. Why don't you noodniks pick on someone other than the models, that's just mean.

Holly -- I don't know you but really? Our little teeny tiny game is cheapened by this calendar -- really? Seems like anyone trying to make it as a model has to get their picture out there as best they can . . . ?? Maybe there's a model in that calendar gets a break from this that leads to bigger/better projects -- stranger things have happened.

I think the main objection people have is not that the girls aren't pretty enough or whatever, but that the ad is poorly done and is incredibly tacky. Disc golf doesn't get as much exposure as us hardcore players would like to see, so when something like this comes along there's usually a good supply of mild outrage to go with it. A swimsuit calendar for Disc Golf isn't a bad idea per say, but it needs to be handled with a bit more class to be accepted by the majority of discers. I do agree that the negative comments about the girls themselves are equally tasteless however. They certainly aren't ugly and it likely comes down to the fact that these guys didn't have the money to edit them like most magazines do to make them look like Barbie dolls.

On a side note, FYI, Holly IS a professional model and disc golfer, so she should probably be allowed some clout in the discussion when all is considered.

Latest posts