• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Choosing a Bag

dickyp1113

Par Member
There are alot of threads here on whats in everyones bag but i have no bag at this point. I just want to know what bags people use and are there any differences whatsoever. They seem pretty general so i dont know if theres any difference in say the discraft bag in comparison to the innova. Im just looking for a 12 disc bag with somewhere to put a water so my gf doesnt die of thirst when were out.

There isn't a real general consensus for anything in DG, but for the most part, I've heard Fade Gear bags are practically indestructible. I haven't had any personal experience though, I'm rocking a backpack to the course, its cheaper. And has shoulder straps.

There are alot of threads here on whats in everyones bag but i have no bag at this point. I just want to know what bags people use and are there any differences whatsoever. They seem pretty general so i dont know if theres any difference in say the discraft bag in comparison to the innova. Im just looking for a 12 disc bag with somewhere to put a water so my gf doesnt die of thirst when were out.

I would suggest a Fade Gear Tour bag, or a Innova Competition Bag. Both have plenty of room for discs, but more importantly, two drink holders, and more room inside for extra drinks. In this heat, the most important thing is to stay hydrated.

Also you might want to carry two small towels. One for your face, and one to clean off your discs. I also carry :

Bug repellent

band-aids

baseball (get discs out of trees)

Golden Disc Retriever (get discs out of the water)

score cards

sun block

pain medicine

stomach medicine (pepto-bismol)

pens, pencils

Marker (for the disc if you get an ace)

and so on. A large bag can be a help. If you do get a big bag, the Quad Straps to make you bag a back pack, are a great back saver.

GORILLA BOY bags!!! they're hand made, very high quality and high durability. plus they're pretty unique when compared to other bags

...i can't believe i never heard of carrying a baseball to get discs out of the trees. i usually have to sacrifice breaking a water bottle or something

...i can't believe i never heard of carrying a baseball to get discs out of the trees. i usually have to sacrifice breaking a water bottle or something

I learned that trick from somone else. Plus, I ruined a Dr Pepper trying to get a disc out of a tree

Buy a Gorilla Boy or Revolution. You'll pay more, but they will last longer. I have seen some Fade's all torn up. They are less expensive for a reason.

But there are other good bags out there. Phenix, Mystery Ranch and the new Grip bag are all supposed to be made very well also. It kinda depends on your budget.

it's a great idea...better than throwing another disc at it like we do

I actually carry a "Tee Ball" baseball. They are acutally quite soft, so it you got hit by accident, or it hit someone else, it dosen't hurt as bad as getting hit by a real baseball, and it does the same job. I found one one day when I went to practice at a Tee Ball practice field.

:thmbup: nice. i thought i would show them a sweet Gorilla Boy Chimp with some BA patches ;)
IMG00111-20100717-1817.jpg

IMG00112-20100717-1818.jpg

Fade Crunch is def the best value. I've not had any wear problems with either of mine and add some quad shocks and you are set.

That Lat. 64 bag looks snazzy too.

Fade Crunch Bag is petty good I just switch to the Fade Tourney Bag because I wanted another water bottle holder and need room for more stuff. The Fade bags are nice and seem like they will hold up well.

Revolution Dual Pack is nuts! High capacity, easy on the back without needing to buy quads, and ultra durable. Very expensive though.