• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cinco de Mayo Hole of the Day (5/5/10)

When you throw S shots w/ a Gazelle, do you give it a slight anny release and aim a touch higher to make sure it fades back bigger? I get caught with my DX turning too much and my 11X/CFR Gazelles not turning enough...:|
Yeah, either a slight anny or I'll force it over, it just depends on how things seem to be going that day. More height will help a lot, too.

or an Orion LF on the same line depending on how much height/room I have over there
Good point, the OLF might come out for me, too.

Thanks for the link Toothy

LHBH

Short, ESP wasp to the left of the tree, hopefully drop in for duece.

Long: Star sidewinder, gonna try and S it to fade towards the tree from left to right. If thrown well it goes around 350, so hopefully i'm getting a bird, but looks like an easy 3 (at least on the photo where the early brush is cleared off) since it seems open, and most drives should leave a relatively short (under 150) approach to the basket

I've played this hole too many times to count and it's always the same.

Short Tee - Either power spike a wasp or buzzz with a slight hyzer and let it come back or take a fairway like a stalker or teebird and take a little off and let it hyzer in.

Long Tee - Like the pictures suggest, sometimes they don't manicure the trees between the teepads so it gets a little tighter on occasion. It's longer than you would think so if your going to make a run...I would use something stable and just throw it down the right hand side and hope it doesn't turn over.

The only thing I wouldn't do is throw anything left like an anny. It's alot more open to the right side than you would think and the basket about 15 feet to the right of the big tree.

Last edited:
From the shorts:

Destroyer Sidearm

Longs:

Destroyer flex shot

Corto: La Nebulosa recta con fade

Largo: El Halo en curva en S

Once again, play the long tees noodle arm. I am thinking that I would probably take my Surge and let it fade nicely behind that tree that is supposedly guarding the basket. Then again my Surge has started to get a little stable so I might have to go get a new one to play this hole.

If you force me to play the short tees it is either going to be a Stalker or a Buzz depending on how I am throwing both at the time. Right now Stalker would be way long so I would have to throw the Buzzz.

Short-Z Buzzz or Z Stalker depending on how well I'm throwing
Long-Z Avenger or Champ Wraith

LHBH.
From the Short Tee:
Low hyzer around the first tree with a Comet to about 250' then a lay-up and a par (hopefully).
Or,
Low straight shot down the gut on the right side with a Mako to about 230' then a lay-up and par.

From the Long Tee:
Same as above, but with a longer lay-up.
If I'm feeling adventurous, then i might try a Crush anny around the right side of the tree.
If I'm feeling reeely stoopid, then a FLX Avenger SS down the gut for 300-325'.

How you liking the Halo?

Yo me gusto Halo mucho. I've got a 172 GL and a 165 opto, both are pretty nice. I won't go as far as to say it's the best big D driver I've thrown but it does it's job. Despite the wide rim it's much more comfy than Katanas and Destroyers etc, prolly b/c of the slanted rim. That used to give me some early release issues but I'm taking care of it and it's actually really handy for FH. Overall it's too much disc for me but it's fun to throw on open holes.

I played both the courses here the day of hash bash 2009 or maybe 2008, loved them and had a great day but unfortunately don't remember much more.

Latest posts