• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Clash Discs

I've been throwing a Soda and I'm really impressed

I'm at altitude and my local courses aren't super technical but I was just at Canadian Nationals in PEI (Hillcrest Farms DGC is amazing) and the courses were technical and wooded.

The Soda was brilliant. Hyzer flips to turn to really carve the fairways.

I had a 300 foot throw in (after the tournament playing doubles from the Golds) on a FH hyzer flip turnover downhill around and through trees.

So much glide.

I've picked up 2 proto Honeys (now Wild Honey).

I was hoping for some Soda like understability. Based on comments here it sounds like that's not what I'm going to get. At least until sufficient trees have been contacted.

My next Clash mold,
peach.jpg

ooooh
might have to try a Peach when they become available

I looked at buying a Cookie but they were all 176/177/178 at my local so I passed (very unusual wing shape as well)

the Soda still pops ;)

the Honey

not yet sold. Could be good with some more seasoning but I'm not fully seeing a -2 turn yet (likely my altitude and arm speed (lack of))

The Popcorn is almost exactly like a Keystone. It might be a bit wider diameter but profile is identical. The Hardy plastic is very firm, like pottery. Neutral flier, like a Pure.

Did a review on a new lucid-x type plastic that Clash will be releasing in the future. I really liked the grip of the plastic. Usually stiff discs have poor grip in the cold but that wasn't an issue with this one.

https://youtu.be/jFdgX-LdGPc

Do Clash discs, specifically their drivers, have any flashing or edge at the rim seam? Also does the steady plastic feel similar to the finishline forged plastic?

Doesn't look quite as beefy as a Splice, but naming a moderately beefy disc of a similar speed the Spice?

Fireball and Wrath are also equally weak sauce.

Doesn't look quite as beefy as a Splice, but naming a moderately beefy disc of a similar speed the Spice?

Fireball and Wrath are also equally weak sauce.

I think calling it the Wrath when it's not as fast or glidy as a Wraith actually hurt them. It's slower and more stable so people were disappointed a bit.

I don't play in winter, I don't mind the cold but playing in the snow is not fun but there is putting leagues and I always like to try different putters.

I just bought 3 popcorn hardy to test, I'll see how they compare and how the plastic feels. So far at the league I've putted with Electron Proxy, Zero Soft Spike, K3 Berg, Retro Pure and K3 Reko.

Ordered a blue Berry 175g Steady I think...what can I expect? I'm thinking Buzzz?

For me, it has less fade at the end that the Buzzzzzz. I like the feel and plastic much better. I only have 1 Clash disc, the Berry. It's really sweet, pun intended. I think you'll like it.

:clap: sounds good. I ordered a blue one on purpose so I can call it the BlueBerry.

I ordered some excess Core drivers from some place overseas. The Honey is definitely more US than the Steady plastic, and makes for a great down wind driver. The Salt though is amazing. It's a whole lot closer to a proto Honey than a Steady Salt which I can't really throw. I am tempted to order more.