• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Classic Blend durability is awful. Anyone else have problems with it?

I have had BT Medium Shields that have held up very well. Conversely, I have Classic Mediums warp on my after an errant light pole hit. I thought they were both made of the same plastic, but now I think otherwise. Loved the feel of both, though.

As for straight Classic, in my experience it holds up well enough. Nearly on par with Pro or X plastic.

I haven't purchased any Trilogy discs in medium plastic recently, but I occasionally bag a medium Swan 2 for short turnover upshots. It is a couple of years old, and looks pretty beat up, but works fine still.

Is Classic the same plastic as prime?
The Deputy i got from the trilogy challenge looks beat up after 2 rounds. The plastic gets damaged from hitting the basket....

BT and Zero is nowhere near this brittle. Would never buy a disk in that plastic unless it's something really OS i want to beat in fast.

Is Classic the same plastic as prime?
The Deputy i got from the trilogy challenge looks beat up after 2 rounds. The plastic gets damaged from hitting the basket....

BT and Zero is nowhere near this brittle. Would never buy a disk in that plastic unless it's something really OS i want to beat in fast.

Prime is to Classic as Dx is to KC Pro. Definitely different plastics.

Most softer blends will show visual wear quickly but take a long time to actually change flight characteristics.

I don't understand why this is always such a big deal, especially for putting putters.

For me, they were warping badly after minor use (putting practice). Scuffs and gouges don't bother me.

For me, they were warping badly after minor use (putting practice). Scuffs and gouges don't bother me.

Weird. I've been throwing soft and blend judges or wardens pretty much since they came out. Never had one warp unless I smacked at close range and high speed. Even then the stability loss was insignificant if there was any at all.

Prodigy 300 is still one of my favorites for putters. Wears in but doesn't BEND the disc. MVP Electron plastic feels amazing but discs DO warp more than 300. BT Hard has been holding up so that's decent. But yeah there are some baseline plastics that feel fine until you USE the disc then it beats and dents and warps....I cannot stand a warped discs. so any plastics that do that...I try not to use.

One thing you may find with blend is that it nicks up to a point when it is new and then it sort of seems to get to a point where it just sort of magically stops and sort of stays in a certain state of beatness for quite a while. I like to rub those nicks out with a towel. Sometimes when you have a new putter and use it for putting, it just hits the basket wrong and horrifying things can happen. It's just bad luck. Stick with it and see what happens.

I'm with ThomasOrion though, I really like Prodigy 300 and 350g for my putters. I REALLY like 350g but sometimes it just hits the basket wrong and chunks go flying. I could care less, they still putt great and just get better with age and they never warp. I too can't stand discs that warp.

One thing you may find with blend is that it nicks up to a point when it is new and then it sort of seems to get to a point where it just sort of magically stops and sort of stays in a certain state of beatness for quite a while. I like to rub those nicks out with a towel. Sometimes when you have a new putter and use it for putting, it just hits the basket wrong and horrifying things can happen. It's just bad luck. Stick with it and see what happens.

Very true, and true of Classic (hard), as well. New discs get nicks and cuts on their outer layer, but in the by-and-large they look worse than they really are. I've been putting mainly with one Classic Warden disc for maybe a year now, and it's gotten to a point where it doesn't look any more beat up. And it still putts the same. I keep thinking about putting a new one in the bag, but I just can't... quite... get myself... to do it...

I will echo the beat to a point then locked in comment above. One of my first Trilogy discs was a classic judge (next to a Truth) and it has spent time in several slots in my bag (started as a putter then upshots and now is my main driving putter and certain line upshots). it is beat all other with gashes in it, rough spots and dings. Only thing it hasn't got is any warping.

In the beginning it had a healthy fade and needed lots of power (or OAT) to turn it over. It has seasoned into perfectly neutral with just a touch of predictable fade at the end. It is consistent and hasn't lost any more stability in a long time and I throw it a lot.

Ugly, Yes. Locked in predictability, Yes.

Latest posts