• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Classic Truth

Flip Hyzerman

Birdie Member
So, I love the Classic Truth - the plastic, the flight, the flatness, the way it's beating in, all of it. It has quickly knocked the Buzzz out of the bag and I'm starting to think I could eventually throw just the Verdict and Truth in terms of mids. Who else is loving the Classic Truth? Who has one really beaten in and/or are cycling these?

I have had one since they were released. Need to buy more. I like it so much I don't even want to try one in the other plastics, classic is where it's at.

Mine is well used but not overly so, still dead straight with a decent fade. I throw them on golf lines just under 300'. My most thrown mid is a Tursas though so it doesn't get as many throws.

Not sure it will beat in to an awesome turnover mid, and it isn't quite as long as my Tursa's are.

Right now I bag a classic truth for anything that needs hyzer or is too windy for my Tursas. If its too windy or needs too much left I throw my Trident. I bagged a Verdict for a good while and my Trident can do everything it does and then some so I took it out.

Classic plastic is some great stuff in mids, I plan on getting a few more truths in it to cycle around. Mids will be Trident/Fresh classic/beat classic/VIP Tursas/TP Tursas.

Hopefully Witness comes in classic and cycles well too.

My favorite disc right now. I've been beating in my max weight classic truth, and it's just gotten to the point I can throw it with just a tad bit of hyzer, it will flip to flat, have a slight turn to it (holding that for most the flight) then soft fade back to straight. And again, this is after a beating. I'm throwing these 300'-315' as well. Those that are hyzer flipping these to turnover and calling them US are either OATing then or have been throwing them at the ground for the last 2 months. I absolutely love this disc for holding any line I put it on, while still being able to be powered up or down. I was hoping I could get the classic to the point I could take my Mac weight VIP tursas out of the bag, but I don't see that happening...I'm okay with that. The classic plastic holds up quite well, and feels amazing to me in any climate. By far my favorite plastic in mids. This is THE long midrange to have. I say "long" because I still like carrying the suspect for the 250'-275' shots generally, which I consider a short mid. But thats enough of my rambling and expression of love for the classic truth. Thanks to steeze for convincing me to pick these up...while, my wallet is quite angry with you.

This will come as a big shock probably but I too love the classic truth lol. Eventually I'll probably stop carrying a tursas and have one classic fugitive, three truths, and 2 verdicts. Right now I've got one classic and one lucid truth in the bag. I have a dyemax fuzion I add if I need to. I just picked up two more misprint classic truths as backups to my red first run and I have a black first run in storage too.

The one in the bag has a little wear on it but nothing much yet. Only a few big tree hits. It's got a little bit of the fade and stability wore off it but it's still really stable with a strong left finish. I mainly use the classic for longer upshots that are into a slight wind or need to finish left. Especially for low lines if I need to sneak it under some limbs. It's not much of a skipper though it depends on the grass conditions but it seems to grip and hold around the basket fairly well. I like the classic but it might be nice if they get a classic blend going for the truth in winter weather and cold temps.

My favorite disc right now. I've been beating in my max weight classic truth, and it's just gotten to the point I can throw it with just a tad bit of hyzer, it will flip to flat, have a slight turn to it (holding that for most the flight) then soft fade back to straight. And again, this is after a beating. I'm throwing these 300'-315' as well. Those that are hyzer flipping these to turnover and calling them US are either OATing then or have been throwing them at the ground for the last 2 months. I absolutely love this disc for holding any line I put it on, while still being able to be powered up or down. I was hoping I could get the classic to the point I could take my Mac weight VIP tursas out of the bag, but I don't see that happening...I'm okay with that. The classic plastic holds up quite well, and feels amazing to me in any climate. By far my favorite plastic in mids. This is THE long midrange to have. I say "long" because I still like carrying the suspect for the 250'-275' shots generally, which I consider a short mid. But thats enough of my rambling and expression of love for the classic truth. Thanks to steeze for convincing me to pick these up...while, my wallet is quite angry with you.

Sorry. They're pretty sweet though your wallet may hate you but your game will love you. You should try a classic fugitive to beat up and maybe replace the tursas. I love the tursas but the classic fugitive is a wicked good finesse disc and I can dial it in for upshots like no other. It's a lot like a flat top DX roc in the hand though so if you don't care for that maybe it's not for you. Classic plastic mids are sweet cycle discs. Love em.

I just got my first classic hard. It's the flattest disc I've ever seen and feels perfect in the hand, which isn't much of a surprise since the first time I picked up a truth it fit perfectly for my grip. I haven't been able to throw it because of snow and cold, but considering how overstable these are supposed to start out I could definitely see myself cycling these in the near future. That's the Truth!

So, I love the Classic Truth - the plastic, the flight, the flatness, the way it's beating in, all of it. It has quickly knocked the Buzzz out of the bag and I'm starting to think I could eventually throw just the Verdict and Truth in terms of mids. Who else is loving the Classic Truth? Who has one really beaten in and/or are cycling these?

I have one too, only one… I want more soon. Mine is SUPER beat in, unfortunately when I first got it I threw it on a very slight downhill drive and it flew so straight and glided all the way to a street where it was ran over with by a truck before I could get to it. It is Beat to Shhh now, but I actually still am able to throw it, I just can't throw it as hard, mush less stable but still very workable.

Great Disc.

I am cycling truths:

beat classic - flies like a comet
beat hybrid - flies like a core
fresh BF - flies like a buzz

I had a worlds verdict in the bag for a while that i toyed with replacing my beloved hornets.... but no dice. Hornets are better imho. more workable.

Verdict-Truth has definitely turned into my go-to pair, per the OP. I've been absolutely in love with that pair, along with a WS Tursas for my turns and more gentle touch shots. The midrange game is definitely our strong point right now. The Suspect is also a completely viable longer-range option for Judge lovers, a straight up longer Judge perfect for this cold weather.

Speaking of the Truth specifically - the thing is pretty great. I definitely noticed that as soon as I put it in my bag it was like the Buzzz had never left my bag, and it added on another 25+ feet of range to shots working the same lines as the Buzzz. Fantastic disc. I don't throw much classic plastic, but I have to imagine that its a fantastic flier.

beat classic - flies like a comet
beat hybrid - flies like a core
fresh BF - flies like a buzz

This is excellent info. I have just started using Truths as a workhorse. I have a fresh lucid, beat hybrid, and brand new classic. I picked up the classic simply to beat it into a comet-esque place. Glad to hear that will happen. So far, I'm loving the truth but want to make sure I get one that can cover some more understable lines.

Haven't gotten them on the course yet, but I recently picked up the Suspect, Truth, Fugitive combo, all 3 in Classic, Suspect as Soft. Super flat and they feel great. Hope they are as nice for me as everyone says.

This is excellent info. I have just started using Truths as a workhorse. I have a fresh lucid, beat hybrid, and brand new classic. I picked up the classic simply to beat it into a comet-esque place. Glad to hear that will happen. So far, I'm loving the truth but want to make sure I get one that can cover some more understable lines.

Just give the classic truth some time. It will be a love-hate relationship for a few months. I loved it when i first got one out of the box. It is the most overstable variety, IMO. After a handfull of rounds it will beat in quickly if you get some tree hits or road scrapes. It will frustrate you how fast it changes... I hated it during this time. But stick with it because it'll settle in to a final state that reminds me a of a x comet. It won't change much from there. I have 2 like this right now, both light blue and i think 174g.

Same thing happened to my Hybrid Truth, but it didn't lose as much of it's low speed stability as the classic did.

It sounds like the Verdict-Truth are a pretty natural pair for alot of people (I threw the Hornet at one point - a touch more OS than the Verdict, but the plastic, feel, and glide won me over to the Verdict - but I also bag a Zone for pure OS duties). I am currently bagging the Proto Lucid Verdict, Classic Truth, Glo-Z Meteor, and ESP Meteor in terms of mids and I am thinking the Glo-Z Meteor is going to fall victim to the Truth in another month or so if the wear goes as planned. That being said, I'm not finding stability to be changing nearly as quickly as some are reporting with the Classic plastic - the disc looks like it's beating up, but I'm still seeing respectable stability ... pretty much still a slight hyzer-flip to flat with a slight fade at the end.

Great disc - I am seeing why Roc throwers like base plastic for mids. Never really felt that was a possibility with the Buzzz as the Elite X doesn't start very stable to begin with.

It sounds like the Verdict-Truth are a pretty natural pair for alot of people (I threw the Hornet at one point - a touch more OS than the Verdict, but the plastic, feel, and glide won me over to the Verdict - but I also bag a Zone for pure OS duties). I am currently bagging the Proto Lucid Verdict, Classic Truth, Glo-Z Meteor, and ESP Meteor in terms of mids and I am thinking the Glo-Z Meteor is going to fall victim to the Truth in another month or so if the wear goes as planned. That being said, I'm not finding stability to be changing nearly as quickly as some are reporting with the Classic plastic - the disc looks like it's beating up, but I'm still seeing respectable stability ... pretty much still a slight hyzer-flip to flat with a slight fade at the end.

Great disc - I am seeing why Roc throwers like base plastic for mids. Never really felt that was a possibility with the Buzzz as the Elite X doesn't start very stable to begin with.

The Classic Truth does not wear super fast with "normal" use. I say "normal" because there are people banging them against trees, rubbing the snot out of them on concrete, and others being ran over by vehicles...of course their going to get flippy with that kind of immediate abuse. I have been throwing mine A LOT, but have only done it on the course and actually trying to avoid trees and hazards. At this point, I would call my classic truth a 7/10, and the thing still flies straight. It has lost maybe 0.5 HSS and 1 LSS, which I consider pretty good for how much I throw this thing. If I want this thing to go right, I still have to put it on the anny line...there's no hard hyzer flip to turnover even with the amount of I've used this. I love putting this thing on a slight hyzer and flipping it to flat and letting it just go. And for reference, I am throwing this thing between 300'-320', so its not like im throwing it only 200'. I love the classic truth, and love the truth/verdict setup...and this is coming from a long time buzzz/hornet thrower

The Classic Truth does not wear super fast with "normal" use. I say "normal" because there are people banging them against trees, rubbing the snot out of them on concrete, and others being ran over by vehicles...of course their going to get flippy with that kind of immediate abuse. I have been throwing mine A LOT, but have only done it on the course and actually trying to avoid trees and hazards. At this point, I would call my classic truth a 7/10, and the thing still flies straight. It has lost maybe 0.5 HSS and 1 LSS, which I consider pretty good for how much I throw this thing. If I want this thing to go right, I still have to put it on the anny line...there's no hard hyzer flip to turnover even with the amount of I've used this. I love putting this thing on a slight hyzer and flipping it to flat and letting it just go. And for reference, I am throwing this thing between 300'-320', so its not like im throwing it only 200'. I love the classic truth, and love the truth/verdict setup...and this is coming from a long time buzzz/hornet thrower

Yeah I don't really throw mine even that much but I'm not getting crazy wear out of it. If I played with it constantly and hit a lot of trees maybe. I love the way the classic plastic wears. Just slightly faster than KC Pro for me but nothing like DX. I've literally hit a tree with a brand new DX disc and had it taco and be ruined and never really return to shape. I've yet to see that happen to a classic DD mid or putter and I've thrown them into rock buildings when I did the classic judge torture test on a first run record gray swirl. :D It's still my go to putter after a year and that test.

everybody's mileage varies.. i do throw mine frequently, but rarely into trees.

For sure. If I used my classic truth and fugitive exclusively and or played more courses that needed mid shots I'd probably have both beat quite badly. I tend to only use them on softer landing longer upshots and use my premium plastics ones off the occasional tee. Mostly I'm throwing a fairway then a putter. I'd really like to get a lot of field work in this spring with all my mids.

everybody's mileage varies.. i do throw mine frequently, but rarely into trees.

true that. there was more than one person who didnt want to believe i had beat in some of my lucid truths and suspects as quick as i did. its remarkable that a disc can look like its in brand new condition and be beat. if i cycled molds, it wouldnt seem so quick, but i choose molds based on specific flights and therefore a beat version of a disc really just creates overlap in my bag

Just wanted to give people a little update, as ive been "naturally" beating in a classic truth on the course (no sanding or deliberate tree/rock/concrete hits). Ive been doing this in hopes that the only mids I will need in my bag are two verdicts (new run and old run) and 3 truths that will be cycled. As you can see I currently have the tursas for US and though I like it alright, would rather minimalize molds if I can. Im throwing these about 300'-315' for a quick reference, so its no mike c bombing these out to 375'. After playing a lot with my max weight classic truth, it has officially reached a point at which I can call it US...and I love it. Threw it on a hole yesterday 297' away on a nice hyzer...the thing flipped up to flat and went into a nice long slow turnover without coming back. The reason I mentioned mike c earlier is because I had originally thought the lines he was getting on that truth was crazy: ie the amount of flip and turnover he got on it. Im excited to say that my truth has reached that, and is working great. There was some questions a while back about whether this disc could fill the US role if beat up, and I just wanted to report that it does so very nicely. Sorry dayglow tursas...your days may be numbered.