• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Clean your Disc.

i use this crap for just about everything, including dirty discs
Products%5C57037-51516.jpg

I've soaked a disc in a bucket with this before, and it almost completely removed the stamp.:(

I pee on mine.

You hear that disc finders? I PEE on them! muahahaa

Sterilization prior to shipping market trade deals cost extra.

Pee IS sterile. Just smelly.

I just wipe mine off with a towel if it they get wet or dirty.. They stay clean that way. I dont have the time to wash discs. Plus I dont really care that much...

I saw one person use Goo-Gone to remove a blemish. Don't think I would try it as it may leave a slippery residue that will probably bother you for at least a dozen rounds.

If a disc gets dirty, I will usually go to the river at my local course in an area out of the way and use a little water and my tower to get them nice and clean again. If I'm feeling really overzealous, I will use some rubbing alcohol to get them all spiffy again :)

Usually just water and a towel to clean the Mud/dirt off. However, I have used dish soap on some discs found in a lake to help get some of the stench off.

Unless there's muddy gunk building up on them that could affect flight, I leave them be. A quick splash in the nearest water source usually does the trick.

I just use plain unscented baby wipes. They are all over my house and safe enough for a baby's ass. I can't stand even the smallest amount of dried mud or anything slick on my discs, and these leave zero residue and no perfumey chemicals.

If I play a course with a lot of wildlife (i.e. geese, ducks or anything else that defecates) I'll clean my discs with dish soap and water, air dry in an old dish rack. Vacuum out my bag.

I generally clean up my discs after a handful of rounds, more often in the spring when the courses are muddier. I just fill up the sink with some nice hot water and mix in a little dish soap. An old wash cloth works for most cleaning. I use an old scrubbing pad on disc edges where there are small cracks or rough spots with dirt trapped in them. I've used Magic Eraser to take off tough dirt or staining on lighter colored discs, and a little Goo Gone to remove residue from price stickers.

All it takes is a splash of creek water. If there's anything left after that, stop using so much hand lotion. :gross:

I have some that when trading and selling I will wash with warm water and they look about 5 times better. I've seen some go from looking like 6-7/10 to 8ish